|“||Let your enemies feel the Avalanche! This isn't a snowball fight in the yard. You don't need to shape each "bullet" yourself and flies very fast. Effective defence: a plaid, a hot chocolate, and hugs!||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The "Avalanche" is a Heavy weapon added in the 9.0.4 Christmas Update.
It is a red and white gun that performs like a machine gun that shoots snowballs, and its fire rate is almost automatic, unlike most. Use it like you would with an assault rifle. However, it's slow firing nature can make it less effective in close quarters.
It has a white body, with red linings on the sides of the weapon. It has a red handle, and red/white magazine. It also has a blue snowflake logo on the side of the body, a yellow caution sign near the firing mechanism, and a 2x scope on the weapon. It shoots snowballs.
When the fire button is held, the weapon will shoot large snowballs that will explode upon impact, dealing damage to enemies caught in its relatively small radius.
When reloading, the user will lift the weapon to reach for the magazine, he/she will eject the magazine and insert a new one. This weapon has no delay mechanics.
- It shoots snowballs as fast as a machine gun, so hold the fire button. Aim for the head to quickly neutralize your target.
- It also takes time for snowballs to travel, so it's best used in close to medium range.
- Don't stop dodging and jumping at the same time when facing an opponent. Even against opponents who wield weapons that aren't really suitable against you, jumping and dodging.
- Use a melee weapon and attack your enemy while he/she is reloading or from behind.
- Its slow fire nature make it less effective in close quarters.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
Have a long ranged weapon and another area damage weapon, like the Dead Star.
- Initial release date.
- Appearance changed from an over-shoulder bazooka to a hand-held autocannon.
- Made unobtainable via the armory, existing weapons' world modes were disguised as the Plasma Releaser.
- Changed the world model to the Icicle Minigun.
- Reintroduced for a limited time.
- Its rocket speed was increased by 8%
- When it was released, it was a bazooka, but in the 9.2.0 update, it was changed into a machine gun.
- In a patch for the 9.2.0 update, it was turned upside-down from its original appearance.
- This design, however, has a odd amalgamation of parts. The weapon is hipfire only, however it still includes a scope on the top.
- It is the only removed weapon that used to be obtainable from the KillCam due to the Water Pistol being disguised as this weapon. However, since the 11.0.0 update, this has been changed to be disguised as the Plasma Releaser, effectively patching the KillCam glitch and preventing any more players from buying the Avalanche through this method. As of the 13.0.0 update, this weapon is now disguised as the Icicle Minigun.
- Its possible reincarnation is the Snow Storm, which had a similar structure, but bulkier.
- It was temporarily brought back in the 13.1.0 update.
- For a short time, this weapon could be bought via kill cam for 140 coins.
- The "'Avalanche" was available for 2-3 days in the Christmas traders van as well as the Yetti Spirit, Automatic Decorator, and the Proton Freezer.
- This, and the "Predator", "Bastion", and "Sunrise" are the only weapons with quotation marks around its name.
- Though the armory states otherwise, it does not have the area damage attribute.