|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
|“||The predator is a great-great-great... grandchild of the Striker Shotgun. Shotgun pellets with great spread and an increased magazine will allow you to become a victor in almost any close-quarter fight.||”|
——Weapon's description in Gallery
The "Predator" is a Primary weapon introduced in the 9.0.0 update.
It is a golden shotgun that shoots pellets, just like any other shotgun. It can deal heavy damage at medium and close-range combat. It has a high fire rate, high capacity, and low mobility.
It has a golden stock, body, handguard, grip, and barrel. It also sports a golden drum magazine and foregrip. It used to have a white mark on the side, however it was removed in the 12.5.0 update. The drum has thin red lines going vertically on each side.
This weapon shoots out a multitude of pellets at once with a spread, just like any other shotgun. These pellets are regular bullets with instant travel time. It is accompanied with a high fire rate for a shotgun and large capacity. Since it is a shotgun, it performs best at close range. The bullet spread is the same as most shotguns, and cannot be compared to guns like Viking.
When reloading, the player takes out the drum magazine and puts another one in its place. It has no delay mechanics.
- Buying from Trader's Van with . (Unlock at level 9)
- Getting the weapon from Super Lottery in limited occasions (Unlock at 45 exp)
This weapon has very good damage, a decent fire rate, a good capacity, and slow mobility. This weapon is 3-4 bodyshots in close range.
- This weapon is particularly powerful when ambushing lone targets or dueling.
- It's best not to use this at long ranges, as the slow firing speed and large cone of spread will leave you vulnerable to counterattacks.
- This weapon performs well in close-ranged maps.
- Ideal for ambushing purposes, since this weapon will one/two headshot kill an enemy.
- Use this weapon against heavily armored players. Firing several headshots with the weapon is enough to kill one.
- Pair this with a Singular Grenade, since doing so will render players stuck within its vortex vulnerable to this shotgun's attack.
- Strafing close enemies ensures survival especially with headshots.
- Be sure to stay hidden behind cover if you are advancing to a new location.
- This weapon can be used against melee users with a devastating effect, where most melee weapon's range are inferior than any ranged weapons.
- If you have the gems to upgrade it (or get it from the Black Market), this is one of the best 3 cat spam shotguns because it has no delay what so ever, unlike the Viking and Ultimatum
- It is best for the player to back away from an opponent with the Predator while attacking the opponent, as the range of the Predator is very limited when it comes to power.
- Pick off its users from long ranges. This is the safest bet to kill its users as the weapon performs poorly at these ranges.
- Area Damage weapons like the Bastion, Pumpkin Thrower, or basically any area damage weapon could be used to mess their aim, keep your distance from them, and damage them at the same time. Be mindful of your engangement range to mitigate incoming damage from the user.
- Never try to engage the users of this weapon in close range, use a high mobility weapon to try and get some distance, unless you have a higher efficiency and damage dealing weapon in your loadout.
- Attack the user while they are reloading or out of ammo.
- Attack its users from behind, giving you enough time to inflict heavy damage on them.
The player should come equipped with a long ranged weapon, as the "Predator" doesn't deal much damage at long ranges if any. If the player plans on sniping, this gun is a good backup weapon in the case scenario in which an opponent is approaching the player and the opponent is too close for the sniper rifle to be effective, the Predator is a weapon that can save the player from death. It's mobility is low, so it is advised to carry a high mobility melee such as Dark Force Saber.
- Initial release.
- It received an extra upgrade.
- The weapon's name was slightly tweaked, adding quotation marks around the original name.
- There was a white mark on each side of the gun, but it has been removed, making it red and yellow only.
- It is based on the Russian Saiga-12 automatic shotgun with a drum magazine, however, there are multiple differences with the in-game depiction and the real-life variant.
- It fires much faster in real life than in-game (10 rounds per second/600 rounds per minute, while 1 round per second/60 rounds per minute in-game. This is likely a choice made by the developers to balance the weapon and prevent it from overshadowing other shotguns.)
- A Saiga-12 drum would hold 10 shells in reality but in-game it can hold more than 20 if upgraded.
- However, the AA-12, another similar shotgun, uses 20-round drums and is also similar to the Predator.
- It is one of the 4 weapons that has quotation marks in the name, others being "Bastion", "Sunrise", and the "Avalanche".
- It is an only Primary weapon with double quotation marks in its name.
- This gun's shooting noise and design is probably based off of the Terrible Shotgun from Fallout 3.