|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
|“||This assault rifle will withstand any conditions of the battlefield. It won't stop working because of water, dirt, or bugs in the code. Great at medium-long distances.||”|
—Weapon description in Gallery
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see AK-48 (PGW).
The AK-48 is a Primary weapon introduced in the 2.0.0 update.
The AK-48 is a scoped, fully automatic assault rifle with a 4X scope, allowing for use at long ranges. However, this weapon has little if any recoil and can be used at any range if the user can aim it accurately. It has a high fire rate, good capacity, and low mobility.
This weapon has a black body with tints of red, white and grey, that seems to be based off of the AK-47 Kalashnikov Rifle. The weapons also features a black skeleton stock, black handle, grey and white magazine, black and partly red scope, black and red barrel, and a grey under-barrel grenade launcher along with a laser sight that serves no use at the moment. It also has an ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsights) scope, with a red stream cutting through it.
The player holds this weapon with both of their hands, mainly by grabbing its handle. The player automatically shoots regular bullets. Moreover, this weapon possesses a 4x scope with a regular design.
When reloading, the player takes out the magazine from the bottom of the weapon and puts another one in the same place. It currently does not have any delay mechanics.
- Circle your target and aim for the head for the best kill time and maximize your damage.
- Try to burst fire when engaging the enemy head-on (while your moving).
- Use this rifle to either weaken or finish off opponents.
- Whenever attacking at certain long-range areas, use the scope for more effective shots. This can be used to counter snipers.
- Because this rifle produce recoil when firing, it is recommended to equip Turbo Charger.
- Try to run and jump as fast as you can to avoid the line of fire. If you circle him/her, you will likely exhaust their ammo supply.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Take advantage of hit indicator to hunt and kill the gunner.
- Area damage weapons can easily distract and take out its users.
- Shotguns can beat its users in close range.
Have a long ranged weapon in your inventory, as well as a powerful melee.
- (Generally used in lower levels) This weapon provides its users with a decent fire rate, good capacity, and mobility, alongside average/moderate power in most situations. This weapon is universal, the scope allows this weapon to be used in most medium ranges and some long range situations. This weapon is a true primary and a weapon that would be your ideal choice for the most part of a match.
- Use this weapon when you have weakened the enemy with a Sniper weapon like the Default Sniper Rifle or the Brutal Headhunter.
- Initial release.
- The AK-48 was replaced by the AK Mini in Arena, Campaign and Deadly Games.
- This weapon is based on the real world Russian Kalashnikov AK-47 Assault Rifle.
- Strangely unlike the real world version, which has a high rate of fire, it fires a bit slowly for an automatic.
- It is one of the few weapons that change it's model when upgraded.
- This, however, was removed and now, this weapon only have one form, and that is the Up2 form.
- In the Armory, it is placed between the Swat Rifle and the Combat Rifle, and considering the three guns are all based on well-known guns (AK-47, FAMAS F1, M16A3), it suggests a rivalry between the three and gives a player a choice for which known weapon that they want, even though they have different statistics. As the AK-48 have a slow but strong DPS, Swat Rifle has fast and sneaky gameplay but low DPS, finally the Combat Rifle is a balanced between the two. But one thing they share for an automatic gun is that all have a 4x scope.
- With a legendary grade, it shares the same damage of the Vandals of the same grade, as well as that of the Casanova.
- Despite having a 4X scope (according to the armory), it only shows 2X scoping intensity when using it in-game.