|“||Because shrapnel damages you with many little pieces of a shell, even a small scratch is enough to get a seious poisoning effect.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Acid Shotgun is a Primary weapon introduced in the 16.1.0 update. It can be obtained in the form of parts in the Super Lottery.
It is a Sci-Fi themed double-barrel shotgun Primary. It shoots regular bullets that inflict the Poison effect when an enemy or monster is hit. At max Efficiency, it is a one-shot to the head and two shots to the body (Can be 1 with poison) if all the pellets hit. It has a decent fire rate, very small capacity, and low mobility.
It has a dark brown/green solid stock and body with a black trigger and trigger guard. It has a light green canister containing acid, which is connected to two tubes leading to the four barrels of the gun.
Each of the four barrels is black with light green accents and light green muzzles. Underneath, it has a grey handguard with a black laser sight emitting a red laser.
The weapon is held by both of the player's hands. It shoots at a moderate fire rate (for a shotgun), bullets that have instant travel time and are laced with a strong Poison effect that deals high damage. The weapon holds 4 bullets per magazine, and while spawning, the player is given 4 extra magazines.
When reloading, the player flips out the barrel discarding the bullet shells inside and then inserts 4 more bullets then flips the barrel back up. It has no delay mechanics.
It deals very good damage with a slow fire rate, a low capacity, and a bad mobility. This weapon is a 1 shot kill to the head and 2 shots to the body if all pellets hit. Its Poison damage is also incredibly strong, dealing 48% damage in all.
- Get up close to use this weapon, as it performs best at close range.
- Use it in close range maps, as it tends to lose accuracy (as most shotguns do) at long range.
- Aim for the head, as it can one shot if all of the pellets hit the head.
- Try to time your shots carefully before firing since you only get four shots, and you can run outt of ammo pretty fast.
- Use the poison effect to deal additional damage to the enemy overtime.
- With good modules, it can 1 shot on the body with the poison effect, as the enemy can lose 48% armor/hp from the poison.
- This weapon is a great finisher as even if no more than 1 pellet of this weapon hits, you are guaranteed to deal 48% armor/hp from the powerful poison effect.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges using a Sniper weapon.
- Use medium ranged, faster firing weapons such as the Adamant Laser Cannon to counter users from long ranges so that you have an advantage.
- Weapons with high RoFs would also prove very effective.
- Do not stray near users with this weapon, as this weapon is capable of a 1 shot kill at very close range at max level.
- If in close encounters with a user, try and eliminate them using equally effective shotguns or flamethrowers.
- Using a one shot sniper such as the Anti-Champion Rifle or One Shot can be effective, killing the user(s) before they hit or come close to you.
- If you are low on HP, use a 85 mobility+ weapon to quickly run away while jumping left and right with great agility to avoid the shots the best you can.
- Classic Pool or any other close ranged maps.
This weapon can be used in conjunction with a long-range weapon.
- Equip a reliable backup weapon in case the ammo runs out while you are fighting.
- Try to use a really high damaging Area Damage weapon in case you miss all your shots.
- Initial release.
- The fire rate was increased.
- It was introduced to Battle Royale.
- It is the first shotgun to feature the Poison attribute.
- Its firing sound is shared with "Predator".
- This design could be a reference to the Acidgat Wonder Weapon from Call of Duty Black Ops 2 zombies on the map Mob of the Dead.
- This design could also be a reference to the Hek shotgun from the popular third person shooter, Warframe.
- This weapon has exact same animation as Assault Shotgun.