The Aerosaur Rifle is a Mythical Prehistoric-themed Sniper obtainable in the Dinosaur Lottery from the 21.3.0 update. It deals decent damage, paired with a decent capacity, fire rate and average mobility. The Aerosaur Rifle also features scope along with the ability to ricochet off walls and pierce through targets similar to the Activity Neutralizer.
The Aerosaur Rifle takes the appearance of a dinosaur with several red details. A long crystal-like stone with is placed inside the rifle and appears to be the weapon's energy source. A scope is mounted on the top of the rifle appearing green and golden. Red sprites are engraved throughout the body and two white and red stands resemble the Aerosaur's wings.
When the weapon button is pressed, the weapon will fire a green laser that will both pierce through enemies and will ricochet off of objects.
When reloading, the user will eject the used crystal stone from the rifle's mouth and insert a new one.
This weapon has Input and Output Delay, meaning that the Aerosaur Rifle will receive a short pull-out animation when switched to a weapon that gives delays and gives delay when switched to a weapon that receives delay.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Use the scope at long ranges. Its high magnification makes it useful for precise aiming at these distances.
- Try strafing while aiming to prevent enemies from hitting you when engaged in a firefight.
- If an enemy survives the shot, finish them off with a Primary or Backup weapon.
- It is recommended to equip a Melee weapon when travelling around the map due to its low mobility.
- Avoid sticking to one sniping spot as users can track the weapon's lasers to its source.
- Use this on tight corridors due to its Piercing Shot and Ricochet attributes.
- A skilled enough player could use this weapon at long ranges due to the almost no recoil. The Ricochet attribute, if you are skilled enough, could be used to just shoot the floor or the wall to kill a user.
- Use this to shoot around corners.
- If you can shoot a player standing up against a wall, the laser might bounce off another wall hitting them once again.
- If engaged in a sniper duel, take time to aim.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to wait until the user is out of ammo, then attack while they are vulnerable.
- It fires a noticeable laser, keep an eye out for the source of the laser as it may indicate the general area of where the user may be.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun or melee weapon and attack them from behind.
- Avoid being caught in the open when there is a sniper, stick to cover and locate the sniper then attempt to counter-snipe them with your own.
- Flamethrowers and shotguns can be useful for quickly killing users at close range.
- Snipers typically are less accurate in close range, so have a shotgun equipped for those situations.
- Initial Release.
- The crystal that is being held by the skull looks similar to the crystal on the Anti-Hero Rifle.
- The Crystal's name in game is Gravalite, or Gravalith.
- The weapon appears to be the skull of the extinct species of flying reptiles called Pterosaurs the specific creature skull though appears to be that of a Pterodactyl.