|“||Dattebayo! With such a scythe you can fully embrace the beauty of the night (without fear of being killed).||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Anime Scythe is a Special weapon introduced in the 13.3.0 update.
It is a large, crimson colored scythe that emits red waves that can damage a player from a certain range. This weapon has low damage, decent mobility, slightly slow firing rate and a normal capacity (uses the single shots system.) This weapon is capable of a 2-4 shot kill.
It is a large red/black scythe.
It has a silver/white snatch, with a black/red spiked bottom, and a grey handle in the middle. It has a black/red tang with a white eye in the middle, connected to the black/red blade with a white edge.
When this weapon got removed, it uses the Laser Spear as a placeholder from other player's view.
Despite its form of a scythe, it does not perform like a melee weapon, where the player attacks in close range only by swinging. Instead, when the player is swinging this weapon, the Anime Scythe would emit red waves, which explains why it is in the Special section. The red waves, which have a certain travel time, are a group of waves which would eventually reach the player and create a tiny, red explosion/impact wherever the waves hit.
Since it uses the single shot system, it doesn't have a reload animation. It doesn't have any delay mechanics either.
- Use it like the Laser Spear or the Adamant Spear.
- It is not recommended to use the Oilcan module or Explosive Ammo module combo on this weapon as it lacks a reload animation.
- Pair this weapon with the Jetpack to make yourself harder to hit, and to easily get kills.
- Because of its low mobility, switch to a Melee weapon with 85 or higher mobility when moving around the map.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage, also due to the fact it is a one-shot kill to the head.
- Because of its piercing abilities, this weapon works extremely well in hallways in Team Fight and Deathmatch, such as in Pool Party or Silent School.
- Keep in mind that the Lifesteal attribute can not heal your armor, only your health.
- . Use a Medical Station if you are willing to exchange a useful gadget for providing support to your teammates.
- Don't use this weapon for Three Category Spam. The time it takes to fire is too long to be a viable option (unless your playstyle consists of slow cat-spamming).
- Use a Heavy or the highest efficiency weapon in your arsenal to kill these user(s) quickly.
- Pick off its user(s) with a long-ranged weapon.
- A powerful shotgun such as the Viking or Chickaboom can easily counter these users.
- Strafe and jump around. Use a weapon with a high fire rate to finish off the player.
- Stay away from the player and dodge the bullets since they have travel time.
- This weapon is a one-shot kill on any body part hit, even if it is not a head-shot. So, try jumping and run in confusing patterns or try strafing to dodge the projectiles.
- Any Primary weapons can easily make short work on its users since the weapon has a slower fire rate.
- This weapon acts more like support and heavy damage dealing weapon. It is recommended to have a weapon where you would use in close ranges, for example, a type of SMG.
- Moreover, equip a good Primary and Sniper with you at all times, as you will also need range and accuracy, which this weapon lacks.
- Initial release.
- Its weapon grade was changed to Legendary. Its damage was also buffed to a one shot kill.
- It was given a Golden skin, unlocked at Champion League.
- The weapon was removed from the Armory.
- It was brought back.
- The weapon was removed once again.
- The Anime Scythe was brought back once again
- The weapon was removed once again.
- The word Dattebayo in the weapon’s description in the Gallery comes from the anime Naruto.
- It is based on the Demon Scythe from an anime Soul Eater (as seen in the name "Anime Scythe.")
- It also bears a slight resemblance to the Crescent Rose which is the weapon of Ruby Rose from the web series show: RWBY.
- It is one of few Special category weapons to look like a Melee weapon.
- It is the tallest weapon in Pixel Gun 3D.
- It is the only weapon that is taller than the character/player itself.
- This and the Eye of Ra were the only non-champion Mythical grade weapons that can be bought in the armory.
- Although the Eye of Ra can no longer be purchased in the armory.
- This weapon is a 1 - 2 headshot kill, in both updates.
- It was in the "Beta" Battle Royale, making it one of the most powerful weapons to get, but was removed from the mode along with Minigun Shotgun, Multitaskers, Champion Mercenary, and Shadow Spell.
- During some time weapon had a grade of Legendary but this was later changed to Mythical. However those who brought it at Legendary instead of Mythical will still have the grade at Legendary.