|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Anti-Hero Rifle (PGW).
|“||Anti-hero is the person who does good things in various ways(sometimes by doing bad things). Doing ill acts in the name of Greater Good is much easier if you use this 10x zoom rifle.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Anti-Hero Rifle is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 10.3.0 update. It is commonly abbreviated as AHR by its initials.
It is a superhero/kryptonite-themed sniper weapon that possesses a 10x scope. It shoots a green laser beam that can wall-break.It has high damage,a low firing rate, average capacity, and low mobility.It is a 2 shot bodyshot and a 1 shot headshot.
This weapon is a large sniper rifle with dark gray/black as the main color on the body. Some details of the weapon are purple (magazine) and green. There's also a big green crystal embedded in the gun. This material is probably Kryptonite, leading to a Superman reference which is why it was named “Anti Hero Rifle”.
When shooting, the gun, which is held with both of the player's hands, would emit a green laser beam with instant bullet travel time that deals high damage. It emits, at a low fire rate, six laser beams per magazine, and while spawning, two extra magazines are given. This laser beam can also go through walls and players, but the more walls it goes through, the lower the damage. It also has a 10x scope, which can be used for sniping in a long range and a large hitbox.
When reloading, the clip that is located on the bottom of the gun would be taken out and put back.
It has both Input Delay (Receives Delay) and Output Delay (Gives Delay). This means that the Anti-Hero Rifle (PG3D) will have a pull-up time whenever another weapon with Output Delay (Gives Delay) is shot, then quickly switched to it, and the Anti-Hero Rifle (PG3D) will also give pull-up time to any weapons with Input Delay (Receives Delay) if it is shot, then quickly switched to the Input Delay (Receives Delay) weapon. The duration of the pull-up time for both the Anti-Hero Rifle (PG3D) and the Input Delay (Receives Delay) weapon switched to after it depends on the previously used weapon's fire rate and the Anti-Hero Rifle (PG3D)'s fire rate, respectively.
- Aiming for the opponent's head is always recommended as it gurantees a kill, but this weapon can damage the enemy badly with body shots, too.
- Its 10x scope makes it a devastating weapon from long distances.
- It is possible to use this weapon for medium-range combat too. This technique requires more skills.
- This weapon has a very large hitbox, similar to the Tactical Bow. It is recommended to noscope for easier kills at medium range.
- When maxed to Mythical, this weapon performs exactly the same as it's reskin counterpart,the Anti-Champion Rifle other than the 1 bullet magazine size difference.
- Ever since the laser of the gun was greatly shortened in duration, it has become more difficult to locate.
- This IS NOT a weapon that is recommended if you don't have good aim. This requires a lot of practice and is recommended for users who can hit constant headshots.
- Use this only if you want a high damage weapon in your inventory as many people who buy it usually don't think twice about the fact that this is one of the weapons that requires the utmost accuracy when using.
- Use a shotgun, submachine-gun or assault rifle to take him or her out from close range. This weapon is hard to use at close range. But be aware of skilled players, for they can annihilate you regardless of the range.
- Using explosive weapons will make the enemy fall from his/her sniping area or disorient him/her. It could also kill him or her.
- Experienced users can easily noscope with this weapon, so prepare for evasive maneuvers.
- It's recommended to have a high mobility Melee weapon.
- A scoped/automatic to finish off the weakened opponent if took a direct hit from long range.
- Try rocket jumping while shooting to get extra points.
This weapon is undoubtedly one of the most popular weapons in the game. When accessible to many players (like in the Armory at a cost that many players can afford), many players would want to buy it. It is often loved and wanted by many players, but others dislike it due to its performance and/or its popularity.
Some of the very old players originally used the Prototype because that is the first sniper to have a similar performance of being a sniper that shoots a laser that goes through walls. Then, when 10.3.0 came out, players started using this weapon, which has a similar performance to the Prototype. Then, when 13.2.0 came out, people started using the Anti-Champion Rifle, mainly because they assumed the champion reskin would be stronger.
The weapon's name indicates that it is a sniper rifle weak against heroes. "Anti-Hero" indicates kryptonite in this context and "rifle" indicates that it is a sniper rifle.
- Initial release.
- The fire rate was reduced from 68 to 57 in the Armory, but the fire rate from the weapon itself was unchanged.
- The laser of this weapon appears to stay much shorter compared to before, similar to the old Prototype S.
- Its damage was increased by 15%.
- The green crystal embedded in the weapon may be a reference to Kryptonite, a fictional material from the DC Universe that weakens Superman (also Supergirl)'s strength and dampens the Krytonian ability.
- In PGW, there was a gun called the Cryptonic Blaster, which appeared to be the Back-Up equivalent of the Anti-Hero Rifle.
- The Anti-Champion Rifle is the successor of this weapon.
- At Mythical grade, it would deal more damage than the Anti-Champion Rifle due to its 15% buff.
- Despite being graded Legendary, this is widely used by players, same explanation for Thunderer, Poison Darts, etc, making its grade somewhat Common.
- However, this fact could indicate that the Grades System is inaccurate.
- This weapon is used as the default weapon for the template of the weapon indication in the Trader's Van. The template also shows "Item Name" as the weapon name, a 100% sale and a real-life currency offer of $2.99, despite the 100% sale.