|“||Shotguns in the future have bigger magazines and a better reload magazine. See, two-barreled guns will never go out of fashion.||”|
—Assault Shotgun's description in the Gallery
The Assault Shotgun is a Primary weapon introduced in the 12.0.0 update.
It is a Military themed Primary of the Epic grade that contains gray, green and brown colors in it. When a shot from this weapon hits your opponent, he/she will get some damage without any special effects. This weapon has good damage, fast rate of fire, good capacity, and low mobility. The dispersion of this weapon is good.
It has some similarities to a sawed-off shotgun. However, the barrels are silver/gray and have 3 light green stripes at each barrel, a green and brown part between both barrels, a brown grip, a cyan trigger, and a silver/gray and green shoulder stock.
This shotgun shoots multiple regular-looking pellets in a spread with instant pellet travel time. It can perform best at close range due to its wide spread. It has no other added attributes that ameliorate its performance.
When reloading, the player opens both barrels, the red shells are taken out, the player inserts new red shells and closes the barrels. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use at close range, since it's a shotgun.
- Get even closer, because it has really big spread.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- It has a decent capacity, but it's best rather burst firing in order to save capacity.
- Do not use this at long range.
- Consider its mobility. It has good mobility, but it is rather best wielding a weapon with better mobility like the Katana.
- Use this in close-ranged maps like Pool Party for its ideal usage.
- Using this weapon with the module effect Piercing Shells causes it to deal a ridiculous amount of damage.
- Play in long-ranged maps often.
- Simply move and strafe to dodge the bullets.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Area damage weapons can easily pick its users off.
- Jump and move in random patterns. If you do this, the enemy can't really get a clear shot nor aim perfect at you. This can save you from being hit by a headshot.
Any close-ranged map.
Equip a long ranged weapon like the Prototype.
- (For levels: 12) This is (was, this is because of it being nerfed in the recent updates) one of the most powerful shotguns in the game, having high damage and a decent fire rate with a relatively good capacity, any shotgun-based player can easily kill anything. However, since this is limited to short-range combat, equip a good medium-long ranged weapon. (e.g.: Mercenary paired with a Sniper, such as the Laser Crossbow).
This weapon could damage the speaker of the player's device. So it is advised to lower the volume.
This weapons firing sound was fixed.
- This weapon is based on both the Shotgun from Quake 3 Arena and the Scattergun in Team Fortress 2.
- This could possibly be a hybrid of the Heavy Shotgun and the Dual Shotguns.
- This is first weapon that can be used in 2 different Brawls, as it is usable in both Realistic and Cyber.