- Not to be confused with the terrain decoration.
|“||Feel yourself a creator of the Universe. Shoot small asteroid & incinerate enemies (both the target and his surroundings).||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Asteroid is a Special weapon added in the 15.7.0 update. It could be obtained for a limited time in the Trader’s Van during the Cosmic-themed Christmas of 2018.
It is a space themed weapon that shoots small meteors (hence the name, “Asteroid”). It deals medium-high damage, a very slow fire rate, an average capacity, and low mobility. 3 direct shots are required to kill a fully geared player, with delay and chain damage when upgraded fully.
It possesses a grayish-brown barrel that is shaped like a burning asteroid, complementing the name of the weapon, and separated in the middle horizontally as a railgun that discharges small meteors (hence the name "Asteroid"), with traces of glowing yellow and orange, symbolizing the heat produced during atmospheric entry. The Asteroid also has a teal and light blue body with a large unused iron sight and a small magazine at the back of the gun above its teal-colored stock, as well as a brownish grip with a red trigger. It appears to be a remodel of the Laser Bouncer.
The Asteroid performs similarly to the Heart of Volcano. As it’s name implies, this weapon shoots small meteors that burns the target upon impact. Projectiles have moderate travel time with crosshairs similar to the Laser Bouncer, its accuracy is not efficient at long range, but effective at medium range. This weapon also has a chain damage attribute, the projectile will chain itself with at most 3 other nearby enemies (from the initial target), and deal damage accordingly. The main target receives the maximum damage, while each chained target will receive lower damage than the previous one, according to the order they are damaged by the chained projectile. Projectiles fired from this weapon will induce burn damage. Players that are set on fire will continue to receive additional damage after the initial blast from the projectile.
When reloading, the weapon is flipped vertically and pointing downwards, the clip from the back is taken out before a spare clip is inserted in and the player flips the weapon back horizontally, having the exact same reload animation and sequence as the Laser Bouncer and Reflector. It has a fixed delay input. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Asteroid will have a delay lasting around a second.
- The weapon shoots projectiles that have below-average travel velocity, in order to do damage, you must directly hit or hit incredibly close to the enemy, therefore requiring a lot of skill to use.
- Close-range combat with this weapon is recommended due to the travel time..
- Do not be fooled by the impact animation of the projectile, although a rather huge explosion occurs at the point of impact of the projectile, it does not have area damage. Take this into account when using this weapon.
- Try using it on a compact group of enemies since it has chain damage.
- This weapon requires good timing skills and prediction, it is not recommended to use this weapon unless you can predict your opponent's movement pattern well or have good timing skill.
- This weapon has pullout delay, so be careful when switching to this weapon while in a fight.
- It deals about 100% damage (no modules), making it extremely inefficient. at destroying opponents
- Using this weapon to finish opponents is not advisable, due to the weapon’s delay.
- Try strafing or Rocket Jumping in order to dodge the projectiles.
- It has no area damage, so move quickly.
- Attack the user from a long range.
- Use the Ninja Shurikens to quickly eliminate the user.
- This weapon is very weak against a player that is wearing armor at the Clan Armor tier or higher.
- Bring a powerful long-range weapon, like its sibling weapon, the Comet.
- Initial release.
- Projectile speed nerfed tremendously.
- Chain damage of projectile no longer damages the same target 3 times.
- Ammunition capacity was changed from 10 to 8.
- Weapon damage severely nerfed, by roughly 45%, along with other chain damage weapons and some piercing shot weapons.
- Weapon requires 3-4 direct hits in order to kill effectively.
- The Asteroid received a small buff along with other chain damage weapons. Chain damage was also buffed, making the weapon a two shot kill on against regular armor, and a three shot kill for legendary armor.
- This weapon got a small nerf, making it a 3 shot kill.
- This weapon is based on asteroids, naturally occurring small astronomical bodies that are composed of rock or metallic material. These objects can pose a threat to life on planets during impacts.
- It appears to be a remodeled laser bouncer, since the weapon shape, delay animation, and the shooting and reload animation is quite similar to the Laser Bouncer.
- This weapon was famous when it made its debut because it had the fastest projectile travel time in the game, but was also famous because of its notoriously long output delay. This weapon, the Cryolator, and the Torpedo Launcher had the longest pullout delay before the 16.0.0 update.
- This weapon is the third weapon of the “Space Threats” set, along with the Saturn, Venus & Mercury, Comet and Meteor Shower.
- This weapon shares an exact same firing sequence/animation as the Laser Bouncer/Reflector back during 2018.
- Although the armory icon of the Asteroid shows it’s yellow-orange details glowing, this weapon does not glow in the dark.
- The sound effect that plays when the Asteroid is cooling down to prepare for another shot, is the same as that of the Portalium Rifle
- The Asteroid costed 200 when it made its debut in the 2018 Christmas Trader's Van, although it costed Coins when it returned once again.