Aztec Temple is a map added in 4.0.0, Removed in 10.3.0, Added back in 15.9.0, reworked in 16.7.0, and back in its original design in 21.5.0
The map is located within a jungle and made to emulate the real world temples built by Aztecs. It has various passageways and rooms that are overgrown with vines, weeds, and moss. There are many pillars brought to the ground from years of disrepair. It has a canal going beneath the temple that can be used to ambush players above ground. The temple appears to be undergoing excavation due to all the boxes scattered around and the dug up skeletons (that looks like the same ones from the map, Cemetery) in one room.
In the 16.7.0 update, it was heavily reworked. It kept a similar structure to the old map, but there are a few new rooms and some that are removed. For example, an entire vast area was added in the place of one small room with a path to go down and another to go to the same level of the floor. The background is also more detailed, as well as the map in general. For instance, large trees can be found on the map and outside it, along with other vegetation all over the map. There's also a default Siege ram in one of the spawns.
- The main hallway can be used for sniping and close range fighting.
- There is a lot of area on two sides of the map, so they're good for fighting while strafing.
- Usually, 2 spots on the map will be crowded with people: One is the small wooden bridge that connects the altar room to the large yard with the spawn points, the other is the small space with crates out of the wooden doors, as seen on the left side of the thumbnail on the right. So try to avoid those places and keep a safe distance while sniping off targets.
- The Sly Wolf is a very good weapon for the bridge due to it's large shield blocking off incoming fire.
- Area Damage melees work best at the place outside the doors due to the small space.
- This map was most likely based on the Counter-Strike map "de_aztec". However, it was reworked in the 16.7.0 update to look less like the said map.
- This is one of the oldest maps still used to date, being introduced back in version 4.0
- There used to be a glitch that allowed players to travel inside many of the walls, however this was later patched by the Pixel Gun Company.
- The 2 skeletons might be related to the deceased Aztec people, currently as of why these skeletons exists is unknown.
- The map has been removed in the 10.3.0 update as part of the removal of "unpopular maps".
- However, it has returned in the 15.8.0 update, with a redesigned winter theme.
- The Artefact can be seen near the wooden bridge.
- The map was later reworked yet again to it's original theme from the 16.7.0 update.
- The map was redesigned to look as the original design of the map in the 21.5.0 update.