|“||If you are too tired to blow balloons up, you can use a balloon cannon. Try it, it saves you a lot of time.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Balloon Cannon is a Primary weapon introduced in the 10.1.0 update.
This is a Toy themed Primary weapon that has yellow, blue, pink, purple, gray and black colors in it. This weapon has medium damage, medium fire rate, low capacity, and medium mobility. It is one of the Sandbox weapons
The weapon shoots blue balloons. If the balloon hit a player (not only an opponent)/solid object, it will produce an explosion and generate some balloons with different colors that will fly up in the blast's place (take in note that these balloons don't do any damage). If a shot from this weapon hits your enemy, it will deal some damage to him/her without any effects.
This weapon reloads automatically after shooting 6 times from it. While reloading, the weapon's magazine is taken out, then put back. The reload animation is 4 seconds long. The weapon doesn't have any types of Delay Mechanics but it's not recommended to use it in the Three Category Spam because of its not so high damage per one shot and slow travel time. Also, it can't produce any types of rocket jumping.
- Due to its strong knockback, it can be utilized against melee users.
- Go for weakened players for better ammunition conserving and quicker kills.
- You can use this without effort during Sandbox mode because that mode is for socializing casually.
- You can use it for fun, but it, however, doesn't have too much specialty.
- Due to its low mobility, use this by being a defensive role.
- Predict where opponents are and aim where they will be, but not where they are currently.
- This weapon really shines when you have someone cornered/trapped. Try to catch them indoors where they can't have much maneuverability for dodging. Paired with the area damage, finishing them off shouldn't be too hard.
- Pickoff its users from long ranges.
- Avoid the balloon projectiles by strafing; the splash damage of the balloon cannon is relatively low, and if its user is unable to land any direct hits on you, you can easily pick them off
- Initial release
- The player needed to pay for this weapon again and this weapon became available in all game modes.
- Even though it has a scope, It is nonfunctional.
- When the weapon first came out, It was in the Special section.
- It is the only Primary weapon, apart from the Bee Swarm Spell, that acts more like a weapon from a different category.
- In the 12.5.0 update, players in a Sandbox match could utilize all Sandbox weapons for free.
- There exists its gum-themed reskin.