Not to be confused with the craft item, the Black Hole (Dynamics).
|“||Makes explosion that pushes you away from the target.
We've had a Rocket Jump, now what, a Sniper Jump???
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Black Hole is an outer space themed sniper that can deal high damage. This weapon has a decent area blast, a decent fire rate (for a sniper) with an average capacity and low mobility.
It is a 2-3 shot kill (cannot get headshots with this weapon).
It appears to be a red and yellow patterned medium-sized sniper rifle, with two black levitating barrels, separated from the main body that retracts whenever the weapon is fired, seemingly absorbing most of the recoil. Each barrel has a constellation joining three stars forming a triangular shape.
Most of the body of the weapon has a space texture with multiple constellations and stars, and most noticeably a cube-shaped black hole in its middle that serves as the weapon's ammunition. It has a small scope with glowing blue lenses and small stock. This weapon has a similar texture to the mythical superhero, Cosmus.
Whenever the weapon is fired, the two black levitating barrels will move to absorb the recoil, positioning into a triangular shape and the player can slightly see a beam coming out from between them. The barrels will return back to their original position after a short period of time.
When they run out of ammo in the clip or if they want to reload, the player will take out the mini black hole located in the middle of the gun and replace it with a new one.
The Black Hole has a capacity of 7, meaning you can shoot 7 times before having to reload.
The Area Damage caused by this weapon is somewhat small compared to other Area Damage weapons, but significantly large enough to make this weapon easy to use.
It is a guaranteed 2-3 shot kill at most, and sometimes 1.
This weapon can disable access to a target's gadgets.
It has both Input Delay (Receives Delay) and Output Delay (Gives Delay). This means that the Black Hole (Weapon) will have a pull-up time whenever another weapon with Output Delay (Gives Delay) is shot, then quickly switched to it, and the Black Hole (Weapon) will also give pull-up time to any weapons with Input Delay (Receives Delay) if it is shot, then quickly switched to the Input Delay (Receives Delay) weapon. The duration of the pull-up time for both the Black Hole (Weapon) and the Input Delay (Receives Delay) weapon switched to after it depends on the previously used weapon's fire rate and the Black Hole (Weapon)'s fire rate, respectively.
- It has area damage, so you can aim near your opponent's feet.
- It is better to use this against groups of enemies due to its area damage.
- It is a 2-3 shot kill, so target weakened enemies or use this with another weapon.
- Use the scope when engaging users at medium-long range.
- Only reload when you make sure you are absolutely safe, as this gun has a slow reload speed and will render you vulnerable.
- This can be useful if the enemy is a frequent gadget user.
- This weapon can disable gadget access, use it to your advantage as your target won't be able to use any gadgets.
- Try to land direct hits as much as possible to maximize damage.
- Use this if you are tired of aiming.
- This can be used for Three Category Spam.
- Use a high fire rate explosive weapon like the Sly Avenger to bomb users around and disorientate them, making them lose their aim.
- Attack this gun's users when they are reloading.
- Strafe while jumping to minimize the chances of getting hit.
- Avoid being out in the open where users might be present.
- Staying on the ground or near objects will make you an easy target.
- Stay airborne to minimize the chances of getting hit.
- Be wary when you enter places where snipers with high ground might be present, as the Area Damage makes eliminating from above much easier.
Equip an effective fast firing Primary weapon to finish players off. Furthermore, a strong melee or flamethrower is recommended for fighting enemies at close range.
- Initial release.
- The weapon no longer allows the player to Rocket Jump.
- This weapon was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- This weapon is based on black holes. Regions of space having gravitational fields so powerful that no forms of matter or radiation can escape it.
- Contrary to how a black hole pulls in nearby objects with its powerful gravity, this sniper rifle seems to fire an astrophysical jet from the black hole powering it.
- Then again, the weapon could be using the Black Hole's mass to fire a deadly jet of hawking radiation, explaining why the black holes shrink when firing, why the black holes need to get replaced, and why the black holes used are so tiny, due to the fact that the smaller it is, the denser it is.
- This and the Archangel are the only Sniper weapons with an ability to disable the enemy's gadget when hit.
- This is the first weapon added into the game to have a three-dimensional effect. It can be observed when previewing the rifle. Rotating the rifle will cause the stars in the space-textured barrels to move as well. Presumably during the development of this weapon, the developers of the game gave the interior texture of the Black Hole's barrels and body a space texture, and giving the exterior a transparent texture. The Cosmus superhero skin and the Space Shovel battle royale cosmetics also make use of this 3d design mechanics.
- However the effect was removed from the Space Shovel and Cosmos at a unknown date, however, this weapon still keeps it
- The second weapon to have a Three Dimensional or 3D appearance is the Ancient Scroll. Which also plays the same sound the Space Shovel plays when idling.
- The delay animation of this gun plays the same sound the Prototype and Prototype S will play during a delay.
- Despite the gallery description talking about how this weapon can rocket jump, this weapon cannot as the rocket jumping ability was removed