|“||Just like the "snake" it was named after, this pistol poisons prey even after the tiniest scratch with its bullets. Its poison is deadly, remember that.||”|
—Weapons description in Gallery
The Black Mamba is a Primary weapon introduced in the 13.0.0 update.
It is a red and black machine gun that shoots regular bullets that can poison the player. This weapon has high efficiency, a fast fire rate, a medium-capacity, however, paired with a fast reload and average mobility. This weapon has a secret slow down target ability but was later removed.
It is a black and red re-skin version of the Casanova.
The weapon has a dark red/black, extendable stock, handle, magazine, handguard and reflex sight as well as a black receiver with dark red decals and on the suppressor.
This weapon shoots regular bullets with instant bullet travel time. These bullets also have a poison effect, which makes the opponent take extra damage overtime for a few seconds. Moreover, this weapon features a 4x zoom optic sight, allowing to fight in longer ranges.
When reloading, the clip is taken out and is replaced by another. The reloading time is around 1 second which is quite fast compared to other Primary weapons. It has no delay mechanics.
- This weapon performs well at all ranges. At medium and long-range, using the scope is recommended.
- However this weapon has a small bullet dispersion, meaning that it will be slightly less accurate at longer ranges. It is highly recommended to use Butt of the rifle module with this to increase its range and effectiveness.
- Since it has no delay mechanics, use it to finish of low hp enemies.
- Try to use the scope that comes along with it at further ranges as the crosshairs do not fully close when standing still.
- You could fire a few shots from this weapon to slow down the enemy and then finish them with a sniper.
- Take advantage of the poison ability, as it an finish off weakened opponents and clog up their screen.
- Strafe around when using this weapon so other players, especially snipers, cannot hit you.
- Do not use this weapon the entire duration of a match as it will make a lot of players very angry about spamming this weapon. (It is notorious due to its power)
- Aim at the head for maximum DPS.
- It sports fast reload, pairing it with Cowboy Hat and Storm Trooper Cape (PG3D) to benefit it the most.
- You can use this as a makeshift sniper rifle.
- It's recommended to use max Primary booster setup for speeding up the kill rate if using this. However, it still does great without it.
- Insert modules and upgrade it to mythical to (pretty much) restore it to its unnerfed state (about a 6 body and 4 head) which would destroy everyone.
- If you are pay to win and want this but don't have it, you can buy all its parts for 19.99.
- This weapon can be rather hard to counter due to its power and versatility, however some tips are listed here.
- Rocket jump when slowed down so the enemy cannot easily land a second shot on you.
- Try to snipe the enemy from an unseen place. Engaging in head-to-head combat is not recommended as this weapon is extremely powerful. Make sure the user of the Black Mamba doesn't spot you- remember it has a scope.
- Counter this with other primary weapons such as the Laser Assistant or even some shotguns such as Ultimatum in close range. If all else fails, use Black Mamba yourself.
- Use Stealth Bracelet so even when slowed down, the enemy will have a hard time hitting you.
- Area damage weapons can be used to mess up Black Mamba user's aim.
- Carry a powerful backup if this weapon runs out of ammo. Examples include the Emperor’s Servants, Thunderer, or Reaper.
- Equip a melee with high mobility to move around the map.
- Use this after damaging the enemy with a sniper rifle.
- Initial release.
- The capacity was nerfed from 50 to 30. However, the power is drastically improved, to the point when this weapon is a 4 headshots kill (0.4-0.8 seconds).
- Its capacity and power were changed back to when it first came out due to players complaining it's very overpowered. It was a 10 hit kill as of the update.
- It is no longer obtainable due to the Clans 2.0 update.
- It is based on the Quicksilver Industries "Markhor" SMG originally made by Shockwave9001. Or it’s possibly the MSMC from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- It's named after the Black mamba, a venomous snake, which is why it has the poison attribute.
- When viewing the gun's description in the gallery a typo mentioning that it is named after a spider, even though its a snake.