The Black Mark is a Throwing gadget introduced in the 11.1.0 update.
It looks like a black and white coin with a skull. The opposite side of the coin has the colors inverted.
When a player throws the Black Mark from their right hand. When it lands on a player, they get the black mark above them until the player (or a different player) kills them, or if the duration runs out. If the user of this gadgets kills them, they gain an extra 100 points for doing so. A black mark logo emblem will appear on the top of a player if that player is black-marked.
- Throw it at a player, then kill that player as soon as possible.
- Otherwise, other players may kill the player and get the points, or the black mark might expire.
- When you see a player with a Black Mark emblem on the top of him/her, kill that player as fast as you can to gain points.
- Due to how the point system is used for determining a winner, it is useful in Duels by giving the user a point advantage over his/her opponent.
- This is a good weapon for Deathmatch because you get point advantage.
- Try to not throw one on a skilled player, as it will make it harder to get the points. Throw it on to a low skilled player so it is quite easy to reap the points.
- Use in deathmatch mode on small maps use this gadget on crowded areas.
- Try to avoid getting marked by jumping or strafing around.
- When you get black-marked, try to get killed by a player with a low score.
- Try to stay alive until the black mark status expires.
- If you have points to spare, Self Destruct to avoid letting the opponent gain points.
- If you get marked, look for the player who threw it at you then use a one-shot weapon so they don't get points.
- Use the reflector gadget to make opponents less interested in killing you.
|Initial Tier||41 Seconds||13 Seconds|
|Tier 1||40 Seconds||15 Seconds|
|Tier 2||39 Seconds||17 Seconds|
|Tier 3||38 Seconds||18 Seconds|
|Tier 4||37 Seconds||19 Seconds|
|Tier 5||36 Seconds||21 Seconds|
|Tier 6||35 Seconds||23 Seconds|
|Tier 7||34 Seconds||24 Seconds|
|Tier 8||33 Seconds||25 Seconds|
|Tier 9||32 Seconds||26 Seconds|
|Tier 10||31 Seconds||28 Seconds|
|Final Tier||30 Seconds||29 Seconds|
- It is the only gadget that can give the user extra points.
- Before the 17.5.0 update, this is one of the three Throwing gadgets that do not inflict any damage to enemies, the others being the Sticky Candy and the Singular Grenade. However in the 17.5.0 update which introduced clan gadgets, the Biotic Shield and Astral Wand cannot injure enemies as well.