- Not to be confused with a weapon with a similar name, the Blinder.
|“||Use this tactical RPG to make sabotage in the enemy rear. It is light, takes little space, while the damage is very high (both to a single target and area).||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Blighter is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 15.2.0 update.
It is a white grenade launcher that shoots grenades/bombs with area damage. It deals medium high damage, a decent fire rate, average capacity (for its category), and average mobility.
It is a re-skin of the "Bastion".
The weapon has a white and grey body with white and grey stock, handle, ammo magazine with a black "X" with a red dot in the center of it, grey and dark grey grip, a grey and partly red muzzle.
This weapon shoots small, brown/black grenades that have looping shot, so they have a medium bullet travel time. Moreover, these projectiles leave a smoky trail and on impact, they leave a medium-sized explosion.
When reloading, the clip is taken out and is replaced by another one. It has no delay mechanics.
- Since this has the same attributes as the Bastion, always take into account of the looping shot. Aim slightly above the opponent since the projectile will drop.
- Always utilize it's area damage by aiming the ground or any surfaces near the opponent.
- Use it like how you would use the "Bastion".
- Any kind of snipers would suffice in any medium ranged combat, especially if you could snipe them from afar.
- A high damage dealing weapon (such as the Undertaker) added with quick maneuvering should be able to beat them if you get ambushed.
- Stay away from the user by equipping high mobility weapons and keeping your distance from them.
Have a good primary and at least one long-ranged weapon.
- This weapon would be able to provide the user with decent gameplay during the level span of 12-26. In the right hands, this weapon could be used within levels 27+. The only downside is that this is a clan weapon, therefore you need to be inside a clan and this may prove to be slightly difficult for low leveled players, but it is still relatively common to get this if you are already inside one.
- Initial release.
- It is no longer obtainable from the Clans System.
- Damage increased by 17%.
- It shares the exact firing sound of the Demoman.
- In the gallery description, it claims that it's a "tactical RPG", despite the weapon not using rocket-propelled grenades.
- This is a common error for almost all grenade launchers in the Gallery.