The Blizzard Generator is a Tools gadget introduced in the 11.1.0 update.
It is a blue and yellow small rectangular machine with a small blue lifting turbine below it. It has a snowflake icon on all of its sides. A small antenna sticks out from the top of the machine. A small yellow square protrudes from the top. There are yellow cubes near the handle and black squares on top of it.
The blizzard generated by this gadget is able to slow down enemies, making it useful for spoiling an opponent's escape plan or shutting down an enemy frontal assault.
- Use this gadget in small and narrow corridors, such as the underground tunnel in Two Castles. The range of the gadget should be able to extend to the whole width and makes it difficult, if not impossible, for your opponents to get around it.
- Use the ability to slow down enemies with this gadget to shut down an opponent's escape plan by throwing it in their general direction if they try to run.
- Use it to prevent a speedy opponent, such as one carrying a weapon with high mobility like Neutron Pulsator, from making a swift and powerful frontal attack on you. Throw this in their direction to try and slow down their charge.
- This can deal with rapid damage to enemies if they are in its range, so make sure to try and land it on large groups if possible.
- This can be useful for preventing weakened enemies from escaping.
- In modes such as Arena or Campaign, this gadget can be used to slow down monsters.
- Use this near the other team's spawn then using the slow down target, use and fast high damage weapon to finish them off(after spawn protection)
- There is still time to avoid the Blizzard Generator as it rolls along the ground, so it isn't entirely the hardest thing to dodge, especially with a well-timed blast jump.
- The range of the blizzard can be avoided by simply going around it, most specifically if it is thrown in a large, open areas and not narrow, cramped locations.
- This isn't exactly the most hidden gadget, so it is still able to be seen and avoided.
- Try picking off its users from a decent distance.
- Don't shoot it, because it doesn't have health. Shooting it will not destroy it.
- Try Rocket jumping or using a transportation weapon such as the Pulling Sucker Gun to get away if you are caught in the vortex.
|Initial tier||35 seconds||5 seconds|
|Tier 1||34 seconds||5 seconds|
|Tier 2||33 seconds||6 seconds|
|Tier 3||32 seconds||6 seconds|
|Tier 4||31 seconds||6 seconds|
|Tier 5||30 seconds||7 seconds|
|Tier 6||29 seconds||7 seconds|
|Tier 7||28 seconds||8 seconds|
|Tier 8||27 seconds||8 seconds|
|Tier 9||26 seconds||9 seconds|
|Tier 10||25 seconds||9 seconds|
|Final tier||24 seconds||10 seconds|
- This gadget, along with other gadgets like the Sticky Candy and the Astral Wand, can slow down nearby players.
- This gadget seems to possess a similar appearance to Snowball and has a very close function to the Ultimate Ability, Blizzard, of Mei, both from Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch.
- Both deploy a drone-like device that creates cold air and snow in a given area to where it was thrown.
- Both the Ultimate and Gadget also slow down enemies if they are hit by the winds/snow.
- However, Mei's Ultimate can freeze enemies solid, something the Blizzard Generator is unable to do, even with prolonged exposure to its blizzards.
- Killing a player with the Blizzard Generator gives you a "Cold Shoulder" bonus points.
- This is a Tools gadget even though you throw it.