The Brutal Rainbow is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 21.1.0 update.
The Brutal Rainbow is a sleek silver sniper rifle of the Mythical grade that deals insane damage, along with decent capacity, fire rate and slow mobility. It also has the ability to inflict the attribute on enemies.
It is a futuristic-looking railgun has rainbow lights inside the barrel and a gray body with the word 'BRUTAL' on it. It has a small rainbow magazine underneath the main part of the gun, and a light blue transparent sight with crosshairs included on the top of the weapon.
When the fire button is pressed, a rainbow laser is fired from the barrel, and it can go through walls/wall break and blind a foe . When reloading, the player pushes the barrel down, launching the magazine. Then the player puts a new magazine into the gun and suddenly moves the gun upward, closing and securing the barrel.
When an enemy can see you, and you are low on health, quickly switch to this weapon and blind the user.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Use the scope at long ranges. Its high magnification makes it useful for precise aiming at these distances.
- Use this to decrease the enemy's ability to see effectively.
- This is especially useful against enemy snipers where a single hit can cause them to lose sights on your position.
- Try strafing while aiming to prevent enemies from hitting you when engaged in a firefight.
- If an enemy survives the shot, finish them off with a Primary or Backup weapon.
- Its ability is useful for attacking enemies behind objects such as walls and behind cover.
- It is recommended to equip a Melee weapon when travelling around the map.
- Avoid sticking to one sniping spot as users can track the weapon's lasers to its source.
- If engaged in a sniper duel, take time to aim.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to wait until the user is out of ammo, then attack while they are vulnerable.
- It fires a noticeable laser, keep an eye out for the source of the laser as it may indicate the general area of where the user may be.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun or melee weapon and attack them from behind.
- Avoid being caught in the open when there is a sniper, stick to cover and locate the sniper then attempt to countersnipe them with your own.
- Flamethrowers and shotguns can be useful for quickly killing users at close range.
- Initial release.
- Its damage was decreased by 5%.
- Its attribute was reworked to make it less intense for people sensitive to flashing lights.
- The sound effects of the weapons shares a strong resemblance to the Gift Stitcher.
- Upon release, the attribute on this weapon caused someone to experience a seizure due to the brightness and intensity of the effect. In a later patch, the intensity was reduced.