The Cerberus is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 17.8.0 update.
It is a Greek Mythology themed Heavy weapon released in the 17.8.0 Olympus Update as part of the Insidious Hades set. It deals massive damage, has low capacity and mobility.
It looks like a handheld cannon with 3 barrels of a gray color. On the side of it are 3 heads of a dog that resembles Cerberus. It has a yellow body with red patterns and a stock witch is decorated with gold dots. At the front of the gun will be red swirls.
When shot, this gun shoots bluish-green projectiles that explode on impact with cluster bombs, dealing massive damage while burning whoever was caught in its blast radius. It is a 1-2 shot with bullet travel time. When reloading, the magazine at the bottom is taken out and replaced with a new one.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Cerberus will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- Just like every area damage weapon, aim at the ground to utilize its area damage attribute.
- It's attribute is extremely useful for taking down a large group of enemies.
- Use the Jetpack and bomb your opponents with rockets.
- Due to its low mobility, it is not advised to equip it when moving.
- The attribute is useful for dealing additional damage to enemies over time.
- This weapon deals insane damage, so don't try to aim at the head, you can get kills just by aiming at the body.
- Eliminate its users by using long-range weapons like snipers.
- Take the high ground as hitting you will be harder, and aiming at your enemies will be easier.
- Keep on moving with a high mobility weapon while jumping to avoid getting caught in the blast radius.
- Attack the user when they are out of ammo.
- Use Pyro 1116 or Spear of War to protect yourself from the burning damage.
- Stone Skin protects you from the explosions and the cluster bombs since this is an explosive weapon.
- Initial release
- Its damage got decreased by 10%.
- It is based after Cerberus, a Greek mythological creature, which resembles a dog with three heads, the underworld guardian and servant of the god Hades.
- The rockets just look like the triple rockets of Celebrational Bazooka or Offensive Rocket System.
- However, instead of shooting out three rockets in a burst, it only shoots out one.
- It has a hidden speed boost attribute.
- Despite the nerf, it is still a good heavy to use.