|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes the Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Chainsaw (PGW).
|“||With the help of the chainsaw you can stop any apocalypse. Or free a Red Hood,||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Chainsaw (previously known as the "Laser Chainsaw"), is a Melee weapon introduced in the early versions of PG3D.
It is a blue chainsaw that damages opponents in close range. It deals moderate damage, has high attack speed and mobility.
It is a miniaturized chainsaw, but the chain is glowing with energy. It is mostly blue with a silver-colored steel part. It also has a black handle.
The player slightly swings the chainsaw to attack the opponent in close range. Despite its Chainsaw attribute, it doesn't bleed the player.
Similar to many other melee-weapons, it does not have any delay mechanics.
- This weapon makes a very loud noise so do not needlessly use it so you will not alert your foes.
- Strafe around the foe while attacking.
- The weapon glows, meaning that you should switch to a non-glowing weapon when hiding in the darkness.
- Jump out of the way and avoid the user.
- If attacked from behind, try to retaliate at a small distance.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Shotguns and area damage weapons can make short work of its users.
Try to use this weapon with a pistol or a small machine gun, to chase fast or retreating targets.
- Initial release. It was previously known as the "Laser Chainsaw".
- Its name was changed from "Laser Chainsaw" to "Chainsaw".
- Its predecessor called the "Tiny Chainsaw" was removed in this update for unknown reasons.
- The noise is similar to the Dragon Breath.
- It was previously called the Laser Chainsaw.
- Because of previously being the Laser Chainsaw, when a player kills another player, the player dies in a fashion the way all energy weapons share, such as the Prototype.
- After an update, all the death animations were gone and replaced by the 'default' one.
- This weapon, along with the Chainsaw Sword, are the only weapons with the "Chainsaw" property prior to the introduction of Meat Grinder in 12.1.0 update.
- When killing the player, they will emit blue smoke and disappear, similar explanation from the Alien Gun, Freeze Ray Rifle, Sub-zero, and Mercenary.