- For the map of the same name, see Checkmate (Map).
|“||Check & Mate to those who think Chess isn't sport.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
They are a pair of shotgun pistols with a chess theme. It has average damage, a medium fire rate, a good capacity, and slow mobility. It is 5 - 6 shots in medium-range and a 2 - 3 shot if all bullets hit the enemy player.
Each weapon has a light blue/white body with a golden trim on the sides. Each weapon also features a white trigger, a white/golden crown on top, a blue magazine with a white/golden mag plate, and a short white barrel.
When the fire button is held, each weapon will be fired in different interchanging intervals (the right one first, then the left one). The weapon will fire a spread of buckshot within a short range.
When reloading, the user will reload off-screen, ejecting both magazines and inserting new ones from the hip.
It has a fixed delay input. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Checkmate always has a delay lasting around half of a second.
- It is basically a 2 ~ 3 shot kill weapon (without Critical Damage).
- It is recommended to use these at close range only as it performs the best due to the somewhat widespread of the pellets.
- Because of the bullet spread, try avoiding using this weapon in longer-ranged battles, as it will deal little if any.
- This weapon can be used against Melee users, backpedal while firing to avoid getting hit by them.
- Both the Critical Damage and Bleeding attributes are useful for dealing additional damage that could potentially kill in a few shots.
- It doesn't have the best mobility, so equip a high mobility Melee weapon such as the Katana when traversing around the map.
- Try sneaking up on enemies to catch them off guard.
- One can use this shotgun at very close range to severely weaken an enemy, then follow up with a melee attack.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Flank around the user with a Melee weapon and quickly attack them.
- Avoiding getting too close to the user, back off while firing to minimize damage taken.
- If possible, try to waste the user's ammo, then attack while they are reloading.
- Area damage weapons can easily pick up its users.
- Attack its users from behind, so he will have less time allowance to react.
- Use the Undertaker, Viking, or Ultimatum to deal more damage in a quicker time.
The player should come equipped with a long ranged weapon, as the weapon doesn't deal much damage at long ranges.
- Initial release
- It is the first shotgun-based weapon that features the Critical Damage attribute.
- In the lobby (16.6.1), the small hats floating on the gun are flipped the wrong way.