- For the map of the same name, see Checkmate (Map).
|“||Check & Mate to those who think Chess isn't sport.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
They are a pair of shotgun pistols with a chess theme. It has average damage, a medium fire rate, a good capacity, and slow mobility. It is 5 - 6 shots in medium-range and a 2 - 3 shot if all bullets hit the enemy player.
Each weapon has a light blue/white body with a golden trim on the sides. Each weapon also features a white trigger, a white/golden crown on top, a blue magazine with a white/golden mag plate, and a short white barrel.
When the fire button is held, each weapon will be fired in different interchanging intervals (the right one first, then the left one). The weapon will fire a spread of buckshot within a short range.
When reloading, the user will reload off-screen, ejecting both magazines and inserting new ones from the hip.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Checkmate (Weapon) will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- It is basically a 2 ~ 3 shot kill weapon (without Critical Damage).
- It is recommended to use these at close range only as it performs the best due to the somewhat widespread of the pellets.
- Because of the bullet spread, try avoiding using this weapon in longer-ranged battles, as it will deal little if any.
- This weapon can be used against Melee users, backpedal while firing to avoid getting hit by them.
- Both the Critical Damage and Bleeding attributes are useful for dealing additional damage that could potentially kill in a few shots.
- It doesn't have the best mobility, so equip a high mobility Melee weapon such as the Katana when traversing around the map.
- Try sneaking up on enemies to catch them off guard.
- One can use this shotgun at very close range to severely weaken an enemy, then follow up with a melee attack.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Flank around the user with a Melee weapon and quickly attack them.
- Avoiding getting too close to the user, back off while firing to minimize damage taken.
- If possible, try to waste the user's ammo, then attack while they are reloading.
- Area damage weapons can easily pick up its users.
- Attack its users from behind, so he will have less time allowance to react.
- Use the Undertaker, Viking, or Ultimatum to deal more damage in a quicker time.
The player should come equipped with a long ranged weapon, as the weapon doesn't deal much damage at long ranges.
- Initial release
- It is the first shotgun-based weapon that features the Critical Damage attribute.
- In the lobby (16.6.1), the small hats floating on the gun are flipped the wrong way.