|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes the basic form of in-game currency in Pixel Gun 3D. For the form of in-game currency in Pixel Gun World, see Coin (PGW).
A Coin is one of the main in-game currencies in Pixel Gun 3D, along with the Gems. It is also the first currency in the game.
Originally, it was the first currency introduced in the 1.1.0 update, but it was used for a different purpose. Instead of being used as a currency for buying weapons and other equipment, it would add to the player's score of 1000 points. However, as weapons and other equipment were introduced, coins have evolved into a currency that allows exchanging coins for weapons. They were earned after playing matches and getting an adequate amount of kills. Moreover, coins can also be obtained in other ways such as using the Black Market.
As of 18.0.0, things have changed with obtaining coins: although spending coins remains the same, coins are earned from now on from Small Chests, King Chests and Mega Chests, instead of after playing matches. Instead, Keys are the currency earned after playing matches for opening the chests and Tags, used for the Trophy Road, are also earned after playing matches. This was reverted in the 18.1.0 update.
Coins appear as yellow circle-shaped objects with black rings in the middle. They bear a striking resemblance to the coins in the Super Mario universe.
Coins are useful for many things, such as buying weapons, upgrades, and skins. Since the 9.0.0 update, they are no longer the only form of currency in the game, the other being Gems.
Coins can be spent on:
- Some weapons.
- All hats, the Maniac Mask, Cape Editor and Ninja Tabi.
- Upgrading weapons.
- All armor forms.
- All skins (except the Social Hero, which is obtained by connecting to social media, craft skins and some of the Clan skins).
- Some gadgets.
- Training pets, up to level 4.
- Some Buildings, Pet Houses, Decorations, Backgrounds and Devices.
There are several ways to obtain coins:
- The basic way to get coins is by playing a certain game mode.
- In every wave in Arena. You only get awarded 1 coin for each wave.
- Every time you level up, you get a varying amount of coins (the higher the level, the higher the number of coins earned). The amount of coins obtainable after leveling up has been reduced as of the 8.0.0 update.
- You can also find them hidden throughout levels, but this only works once a stage, so farming them is impossible.
- When finishing a Campaign world for the first time you will earn a large amount of coins.
- You can also find it in the Lucky Chest with certain amounts, from 3, 5, 10 or even 50.
- You can buy them using In-App Purchases. From 45 for 1$, to 6000 for 100$.
- You can obtain them very rarely after getting a kill with weapons that posses the Coin Drop Chance Attribute such as the Treasurer.
- You can obtain them via Veteran Chests for max level players.
- As of the 21.4.0 update, can be obtained from Novice, Fighter, Winner Chests.
- Since the Christmas update, they are much harder to collect. For example, before if you won on Deathmatch, you would get 10 coins. Then, players would only get 4. This is likely done to balance the game as it increases the difficulty in obtaining more powerful weapons, many of which cost hundreds of coins.
- However, in the 12.0.0 update, there were 2x rewards, making the max rewards 8 and 40 .
- However, due to the multiplier modification in the 12.5.0 update, the max rewards are 750 and 1500 .
- The max coin reward for Deathmatch was 16 and 80 using 2x daily reward and VIP.
- As of 18.0.0, you don't get coins from matches, but coins are now very easy to get because chests can give you around 20 , and you can earn like 200-300 in a day.
- Many other games use coin sprites like this, such as the Super Mario Series.
- The amount of coins earned in a mode is determined by how many kills it take to win. An example being a player that would get 750 in winning a server while another player would only get 300 by not killing enough players.
- In Dangerous Roads, there is a market stand full of coins on the red teams side.
- In the 12.5.0 update, the coin multiplier has modified, but this has been reverted in the 12.5.1 update.
- As of 18.0.0, you do not get coin rewards by playing matches. but as of the 18.1.0, this was reverted.
|Pixel Gun 3D
Pixel Gun World
|Pixel Gun 3D
Pixel Gun World