|“||Silence of the Ice Tundra is scary. But it isn't as terrifying as the freezing quietness before the shot from the rifle. It feels like the entire world stops.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It is a Christmas sniper rifle that shoots ice laser bullets. It has good damage, a medium fire rate, a good capacity, and slow mobility. It is 2 - 3 shots.
It appears to be a sniper rifle with light blue details, a purple optic on the scope, and blasts out snowflakes while firing the laser.
This weapon shoots light blue laser bullets with instant bullet travel time that aren't as visible as the laser emitted by other snipers like the Prototype and the Anti-Hero Rifle, but rather as visible as something like the Impulse Sniper Rifle. These bullets can break through walls, dealing damage on opponent(s) behind walls if lucky. Abstract snowflakes appear on the weapon's nozzle when firing. Moreover, this weapon possesses a 10x zoom optic sight which allows it to fight for longer ranges.
When reloading, the player takes out the magazine on the bottom and replaces it with another one.
It has both Input Delay (Receives Delay) and Output Delay (Gives Delay). This means that the Cold Silence will have a pull-up time whenever another weapon with Output Delay (Gives Delay) is shot, then quickly switched to it, and the Cold Silence will also give pull-up time to any weapons with Input Delay (Receives Delay) if it is shot, then quickly switched to the Input Delay (Receives Delay) weapon. The duration of the pull-up time for both the Cold Silence and the Input Delay (Receives Delay) weapon switched to after it depends on the previously used weapon's fire rate and the Cold Silence's fire rate, respectively.
- Try aiming for the head to deal more damage.
- Switch to a high mobility weapon to run around faster.
- Take time to aim if you are in a Sniper duel.
- This weapon can also be used in Three Category Spam, even though it has delay with some weapons. If a good combination of weapons is used though, it can be a really good gun to use.
- Try to pick off users at long range.
- Strafe around the user so you don't get hit.
- Try wasting the user's ammo as the reload rate is quite slow.
- Use area damage weapons and shotguns in close ranges to mess up the user's aim.
- Take cover behind solid objects as the damage through walls is reduced.
Bring a melee weapon with 85+ mobility and a powerful Shotgun/Flamethrower.
- Initial release.
- The weapon received the wall-break attribute.
- For unknown reasons, it shared the kill icon of the Frost Shot. This was changed in this update.
- It appears to have sparkling details when the player is holding it.
- Despite its appearance, it does not slow enemies that you hit with this weapon.
- Its recoil is similar to weapons like the Flag Keeper and "Sunrise".
- It has one of the largest recoils in the games.
- It somewhat resembles the Activity Neutralizer.