|“||One more slingshot with laconic design. A common construction allows you to believe it won't break down in a middle of a fight.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Combat Slinger is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 15.2.0 update.
It is a slinger weapon that sling-shoots an explosive green projectile that looks somewhat like an bijou apple. It has good damage, a good fire rate, low capacity, and decent mobility.
It is a reskin of the Bomber Slinger.
This weapon is a slingshot with a turquoise handle and a green base with grey arms. Its bands are green and inside the pouch of the bands, lies a green circular grenade.
This weapon sling-shoots an explosive green projectile which is either an explosive apple, an explosive lime or just simply a light green grenade. The projectiles shot from this weapon have a looping shot, which means that the projectiles are shot in the form of an arc. Moreover, these projectiles have area damage and contact detonator, which means that they explode on player contact before exploding themselves a few seconds later.
This weapon uses the single-shot system so it has no reload, other than the player putting the grenade after every shot. It has no delay mechanics either.
- This weapon works well as a cheap heavy weapon for medium-leveled players due to its easy to obtain uncommon parts being rewarded in small clan chests.
- Despite its statistics due to its one shot capacity, it is suggested to use on enemies with 2 or more near them.
- Because this weapon fires in an arc, it is advised to fire this with precision and timing. Otherwise, this weapon works mildly well in combat. Make sure to lead your shots
- However, this makes it useful for clearing targets behind cover, or when hiding behind cover.
- It is highly recommended to jump above the target and shoot the enemy in the head for a higher chance of 1 shot kill.
- If you wish to use this over longer ranges, try and predict where your enemy will move to next, this will allow you to connect your shots.
- This weapon can be used for area denial against enemies, as enemies tend to back away from where the grenades are launched.
- Use this in close quarters combat in hallways or tight corridors.
- Try to avoid the general area of where the user's grenades are, instead opt for alternative routes.
- Explosive guns also damage the user so fighting in close proximity makes it difficult for them to shoot without killing themselves as well.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges. Make sure to keep your distance and make unpredictable movements to avoid getting hit.
Equip a Sniper weapon, in case of difficulties in fighting in a long range.
- Initial release date
- The grenade used slightly resembles the M67 frag grenade.
- It is a reskin of the Bomber Slinger (hence its name), except that it lacks the cosmetic laser sight.