It is a futuristic outer space themed sniper that fires tiny beam-like meteors. This weapon deals extremely high damage, especially at mythical, even outclassing the pre-nerf Morgana. It also has a slow fire rate, a good capacity, and low mobility.
It has a dark grey & blue body with purple overtones, with bluish arrows pointing towards a barrel that takes the appearance of a beautiful purplish-pink comet, (hence the name, "Comet") which also emits streaks of comet dust, and is attached to the body via a shiny bluish barrel, the same color as its small magazine. It has a relatively large telescopic sight with another cometary crystal similar to that on the barrel attached to the top of the scope, and has a squarish buttstock with a small trigger. It seems to be a remodel of the Royal Sniper Rifle.
This weapon is a one headshot kill, and a two bodyshots kill. This weapon's performance seems similar to the One Shot, although with a greater capacity. It shoots a visible purple beam with instant bullet travel time which allows piercing shot (the same shot can go through multiple players) and ricochet (the shot can bounce off walls). Unlike most ricochet weapons, the projectile doesn't bounce off walls multiple times per shot, as it will only bounce one time before stopping. Moreover, this weapon possesses a telescopic sight with an 8x zoom, allowing sniping from long range.
When reloading, the clip is taken out and is replaced by another one.
It gives delay on some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Thunderer and the Reflector. It also receives a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
- Land headshots to maximize the damage per shot.
- Use it like the Alien Sniper Rifle, the Particle Accelerator, the Laser Bow, and the Antivirus since the Comet functions similarly to the all of these weapons.
- This is useful for making trick shots (similar to the Laser Bouncer), if used correctly.
- To benefit from the ricochet ability, use this in hallways if you want to make trick shots on enemies.
- But be aware the laser only bounces off once before disappearing when hitting the next wall.
- Pair this with a backup weapon in case it runs out of ammo.
- This weapon can be used with some weapon combinations for Three Category Spam, although it doesn't work with every weapon combination.
- Attack these users at close range with a Melee weapon.
- Use a high mobility melee to take advantage of the weapon's low mobility of 50.
- Take a primary weapon with a scope, such as the Night Hunter, Future police rifle or Secret Forces Rifle, to hunt users from a distance.
- Stay out of corridors or cramped spaces that many players are in.
- This weapon does not have very high mobility, so equip boots that allow double jumping, or boots that increase jump height.
- Use an area damage weapon or a shotgun to take its user out.
- Try to get in close range and kill them quickly because the weapon is deadly but you may be able to panic the user by getting in their face
- Initial release.
- Ammunition capacity is nerfed from 12 to 10.
- This weapon used to have a light blue muzzle flash that emits particles similar to that the Royal Sniper Rifle emits when firing. However, in this update, the muzzle flash was changed to magenta-whitish snowflake-like particles (possibly due to comets being composed mostly of ice) and particle effects that are accelerated out of the barrel and moves along, parallel to the fired laser beam that looks similar to the ones Black Hole emits when
- It's Input Delay was removed and it's fire rate was buffed.
- It's fire rate and Delay Mechanics were shortly reverted back to its original state.
- It returned in the Traders Van.
- It has received a damage buff by 88% and it also received a firerate nerf, bringing it to the same archetype as the One Shot, making this weapon a 1 shot kill depending on mods and wear.
- It also received a brand new firing animation as well as sound effects. The barrel of the Comet also has dust particles being emitted for cosmetic purposes.
- It returned in the Space Parasites Lottery.
- This weapon is based on comets, astronomical objects that are mostly composed of ice and rock, and release beautiful and long tails of vaporized gases and ice pointed away from the sun. Large enough comets can pose a threat to life on planets during a collision course.
- Considering the shape, the design itself is heavily influenced by the Royal Sniper Rifle. Instead it's slower,
- This weapon was primarily equipped by high-level players for a short period of time, as it optimized the method known as 3 cat spamming. A counter to this method was introduced, and the weapons usage has decreased sizably.
- This weapon used to be used as a very popular 3 Cat Spam weapon, because it allowed you to spam with the Exterminator. However, this was nerfed in a later update as it was given both Input and Output delay.
- This weapon is the fourth weapon of the “Space Threats” theme, along with the Saturn, Venus & Mercury, Asteroid, and Meteor Shower, hence being in the same Trader's Van as them.
- When an opponent is killed with this weapon, contrary to the gun's main color theme and laser color, the opponent gets vaporized into blue dust.
- Contrary to what the weapon appears to shoot, the Comet, in fact, does not actually fire a laser beam despite seeming to do so. The Comet actually fires tiny legitimate comets, according to its gallery description. The velocity of the tiny comets fired out of the weapon are so fast, that it allows for the presence of the Comet’s piercing shot ability.
- The Comet is the very first Trader Van exclusive weapon of the Sniper category to ever be created. The second is the Frozen Lich Bow, released with the Comet in the same Trader Van during the Christmas of 2018.
- The Comet costed 190 gems when it made its debut in the Christmas Trader Van of 2018.
- It has similar stats to the Particle Accelerator.
- As of the 21.5.0 update, it received a huge Buff by 88% secretly by the Devs, making this weapon an archetype like the One Shot with more ammo, but it’s fire rate was also secretly reduced to Like 53 despite being displayed 89 at the armory.