|“||Do you know about the gift cards that play music after they are opened? This book is one of them. But instead of music there are cursing and offensive language. One of the Cubonomicon's tomes.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Curse Spell is a Special weapon introduced in the 13.2.0 update.
Curse Spell is a dark magic themed weapon that casts blood-balls. It has very good efficiency, decent rate of fire, and average mobility.
It is a book with gold plating on its edges, red crosses on both the hardback covers, the front cover has a skull on the cross' center, while the back cover has a crossed bone.
The book's spine has a bony appearance.
The player holds the spell book on the left hand and the blood-ball on the right hand. When the player presses the fire button, the player throws the earth spike projectile, which acts like a rocket, so it has a slow bullet travel time.
This weapon uses the single-shot system so it has no reload animation. It has no delay mechanics either.
- Use this weapon in small enclosed maps as it has a Piercing Shot ability so it can go through multiple players. In enclosed maps, it would be more effective. It also has the “Bleeding” effect and bleeding does 2 damage to a player per 1 second.
- Using a gadget such as Singular Grenade or Sticky Candy is a good idea, that way you can hit more people with the bleeding effect.
- This weapon has a fairly fast bullet speed.
- Use this weapon similarly to the Anime Scythe and the Poseidon Trident.
- This weapon can 2 shot body shot.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Ambush the user using a high mobility weapon such as the Dark Force Saber or Special Agent.
- Use area damage weapons to disorient the user.
Carry a high mobility weapon (preferably Special Agent) to help maintain good speed over people using high mobility weapons to attack you. Also carry a high efficiency Sniper such as Railgun, Sakura or even Flag Keeper.
- Initial release.
- The skull on the cover of the book is different from the skull on other weapons such as Dual Machine Guns.
- This weapon has a hidden effect; it has area damage. After hitting an inanimate object, it has a small explosion.
- This weapon is essentially the Poison Spell with a different skin, and slightly different effects. The Poison Spell inflicts the poison effect, while the Curse Spell has the bleeding effect. However, the Poison Spell has a slightly bigger area of effect, while the Curse Spell is smaller, and more accurate.
- This is one of 9 spell weapons to be added into the game, the others being Thunder Spell, Frost Beam Spell, Fireball Spell, Love Spell, Poison Spell, Earth Spike Spell, Shadow Spell, Airblade Spell, and the Spell of Bats. It is the second one to be added to the Special category.
- A giant replica of the Curse Spell can be found in Checkmate.