|“||The eyes on this staff never close. That is why you'll need to take a couple of phials of resetting drops with you every time you venture into an adventure (is purchasable in the Trader's Van).||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Dark Mage Wand is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 8.0.0 update.
It is an orange staff that shoots an orange projectile upon firing. It has good damage, a moderate fire rate, average capacity, and average mobility. It is currently 2 shots with burning, and 3 shots without burning.
It looks similar to the Wizard Wand but has yellow, orange, and red highlights instead of purple. It also has what appear to be 4 eyes around the circular part of the weapon. The top of the handle has red fading into yellow marks, suggesting intense heat.
This wand that shoots a large, orange orb with area damage and instant bullet travel time. This is unique as there aren't much heavy weapons with bullet travel time. This weapon can burn the player, making them temporarily lose extra health. It also allows for the user to rocket jump, but taking damage at the same time.
It uses the single-shot system so it has no reload animation. It has no delay mechanics either, making it good for 3 category spam.
Formerly, it shoots an orange orb with wall break, no area damage and a quick projectile travel time It also had infinite ammo, large damage and a very large hitbox.
- Keep in mind that this weapon’s projectiles have no travel time.
- Use this weapon to attack enemies from the shadows while they are behind a solid cover.
- Use the weapon to finish off damaged targets.
- If you are an experienced player, rocket jump with the weapon and convert to a 1-2 shot weapon to kill opponents easily.
- Do not attempt to Rocket Jump (PG3D) with this as you will lose a majority amount of health and gives you the burning effect along with it.
- This is negated if you simply jump before firing.
- This is useful in Space Arena when the enemy is about to go on one of the jump pads to escape.
- Don't worry if the first 2 shots does not kill them instantly as the burning effect will finish them off.
- This weapon is extremely underrated, and is very powerful if upgraded to Mythical tier.
- Use area damage weapons to attack the user, and finish them off immediately as their aim gets messed up by the burning.
- Pick off users from long ranges.
- Note that this weapon is also suitable for long range due to instant bullet travel.
- Counter this like the Eva.
Have some grenades in stock with you, so you can throw them over or across the cover, then shoot them. Also, use weapons that work similarly to this weapon e.g. the Necklace of the Ice King. It is great for the 3 Category Spam, so its good to pair up with weaoons like Necklace of the Ice King and Thunderer.
- Initial release.
- Players could buy this wand directly from the Armory, without upgrading.
- It can one-shot for those who have wooden and iron armor and those who don't have armor.
- Its wall-break attribute was removed. Its ammo capacity when spawning was changed to 21. Before this update, the player could shoot infinitely, thus meaning infinite ammo.
- A glitch involving trapping an opponent in the Kill Cam (PG3D) was fixed (Refer to Trivia).
- It was removed from the Armory, possibly due to the fact that it got nerfed in the 9.0.0 update, making it a lot less efficient and popular.
- The players could see this weapon as the Fireball Spell.
- This weapon was temporarily brought back.
- It was nerfed again.
- It was nerfed again, having a small blast radius.
- This weapon was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- Damage increased by 30%.
- You can do rocket jump with this.
- The rocket jump, however, has been nerfed to not go as high as before.
- The eye in the middle also looks like the Eye of Ender from Minecraft.
- The eye in the middle also looks like Sauron's eye from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- It is currently confused as to whether or not this gun has wall break though results vary between devices.
- This wand's hitbox and ammo were heavily nerfed in a recent update, however, it can easily one-shot those with no armor to iron/wooden armor.
- It takes two shots to kill a player, unlike the Wizard Wand which takes three shots to kill.
- The player can get this in the Gallery for 500 coupons in a limited time.
- In the 9.3.0 update, there was a glitch about trapping an opponent in the KillCam, and the Dark Mage Wand is involved in this glitch. Basically, the player would have to equip either the Dark Mage Wand or the Wizard Wand. Next, they would have to find an opponent then shoot them with the equipped wand, then quickly tapping on the Frag Grenade button.
- On ExxotikGaming's channel, he made an entire video talking about this glitch, spreading more awareness about this glitch to other players and it had a goal of getting this glitch patched.
- This glitch was patched in the 9.4.0 update.
- This is one of the few heavy weapons that can be used in long range, due to the instant travel time.
- It is coned by many players that it would be considered to be a Sniper due to the fact that it has no travel time.