It is a Chinese-themed projectile weapon that throws knife projectiles. They can poison and mark the target, as well as pierce through multiple players. It has good damage, a decent fire rate, low capacity, and decent mobility.
It appears to be a re-model of the Heartbreakers.
It takes the appearance of a shield with a Golden-brown detail with green pearls covered by small yellow circles. There is also a Ying-Yang symbol in the middle (except that the Yang is red) with a red circle on it. The daggers have green and yellow tips with the face of a demon and the handle is red with a small gold circle under.
The player holds a sharp knife that resembles that of the kunai and some sort of container or shield which holds more of the knives. When the knife is thrown, it leaves behind a trail of cryptic symbols.
This weapon uses the single-shots system so it has no reload animation.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Deadly Stings will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- Use this weapon like an X-Ray weapon. Enemies which are target marked can be marked even behind walls.
- Use it like the Heartbreakers but as a Backup.
- When the enemy is hit a red arrow will appear on them also in walls use it to track them down easily.
- Like most melee-looking weapons, it does not actually do what its appearance suggests.
- You can use the Poison to weaken them then finish them with a high Primary or Backup such as the Casanova or Emperor's Servants.
- Lead your shots with this weapon more so than how you lead your shots with other weapons, as this has more travel time.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Perform erratic movement so he will waste ammo.
- Use an 85 mobility weapon to dodge the projectiles.
- Stay airborne so they will have a hard time aiming.
- If you are hit, use an auto-healing weapon like Heroic Epee or the Cooking Totem.
Equip a Primary with a high rate of fire to finish off your enemies.
- Initial release.
- It is the second weapon to feature the target mark attribute, the first being the Proud Eagle.
- However unlike the Proud Eagle's target mark which needs charging, this only needs to hit an enemy to show the market
- When holding this weapon, a dark vortex appears under the player's feet.
- It is essentially a reskinned version of the Heartbreakers. However, this is justified since this weapon's "shield" itself is actually a holder for a throwable weapon, whereas the latter is a non-functional shield.