The Death Animations are features introduced in the 9.2.0 update that were heavily modified (became realistic) in the 16.5.0 update. Here is the list of death animations in the game:
Ragdoll (Formerly Flying Angel)
- This death animation triggers when the killer uses normal, non-elemental or non-area damage weapons (e.g. Secret Forces Rifle) or even commit suicide (regardless of the nature of the item causing the player to do so).
- This death animation also occurs when a player is killed by a harmful effect, e.g. bleeding.
- This death animation consists of an enemy falling onto the ground in a realistic, ragdoll-like manner (due to the arm and leg movements).
- Formerly, a white angel would fly upwards from the dead body. Now, as of the 16.5.0 update, in an attempt to make the game more realistic, this has been removed. Instead, the killed enemy will simply fall onto the ground in a ragdoll-like pace. Note that the angel death animation was not removed from certain low to mid-range devices for performance reasons.
- The ragdoll will then slowly disintegrate pixel by pixel until there is nothing left. Disintegration will begin about 1 second after the person was killed.
- This death animation is triggered when using explosive, fiery (except Photon-themed weapons) and/or electro-thrower weapons against its users (such as Signal Pistol, Fire Demon)
- This death animation consists of an enemy turning into a humanoid ash with white eyeballs and black irises, followed by crumbling into pieces around a second later.
- As of the 16.5.0 update, the enemy will instead crumble into pieces and disintegrate without the eyes, their body diffusing in a similar matter to the red diffusion death animation.
- As of the current version, the person’s body will separate into their individual blocks (arms, head, body and legs), which will all disintegrate pixel by pixel with red outlines.
- It can vary depending on which weapon the player gets killed by, if it is killed by an automatic, for example, it will drop to the ground normally, but if killed by a sniper, as an example, it will violently flip backwards and then drop to the ground.
- This triggers when players use laser-type or elemental weapons (regardless of the type).
- It is triggered when an enemy is hit by these aforementioned weapon types. It consists of an enemy in question floating away from the impact zone of the shot while disintegrating into coloured mist.
- The colour of the mist depends on the weapon’s main colour or projectile, such as Red for Anti-Champion Rifle, Blue for Royal Ashbringer and Orange for Laser Bouncer.
- As of the 16.5.0, they will now be sent floating once killed as if the enemy were in zero gravity, and will diffuse into a colored dust.
- This effect is seemingly very unique and new if somebody gets killed by a soul-like weapon such as Sharp-Eyed Courier (as an exception due to it not being a soul-themed gun), Triple Bite, Conductor of Souls and Cerberus their body will violently slam to the ground while levitating for a few seconds and after a moment their body will disintegrate their skin leaving a black border around them and afterwards the border will dissolve.
Unnamed Death Animation
- This animation is exclusive to the Goo Substance Scythe, Goo Substance Rifle and Goo Substance Pistol, if a player gets killed by them their body will turn into a goo shaped character, then the goo will fall to the ground.
- The death animations have been more realistic in the 16.5.0 update. They ragdoll as they die, as long as they are hit by normal bullets.
- Low-end devices did not get the realistic death animations due to performance issues, thus reverting back to the floating angel animation.
Note: They are arranged by order being stated above. (The Decending/Dissolving animation currently not available)