The Demon Catcher is a Sniper weapon released in the 17.6.0 update.
It is a teal, red, and black anime themed weapon with high damage, decent fire rate, good capacity, and a low mobility. This weapon also has input and output delay.
It appears to be a futuristic/demonic sniper rifle. It has a cosmetic blade at the front, adorned with crosses, a red glowing optic sight and a clip with flame particles on it. When seen from a first person perspective, the weapon's scope appears to be a large red eye, which blinks as the player uses the weapon.
When shooting, the gun, which is only held by one hand, shoots bullets with fast travel time and a very small area damage. Like the Potato Implant, it has the ability of Super Punch, which means that it can fire a shot with an area attack after hitting 1 shot on a enemy. It also has a Deals More Damage to the Cursed ability, which means that it does more damage to enemies with status effects. Its shots also burn enemies. Despite the super punch area effect being huge,its area still small.The front of the weapon smokes up when the super punch is ready.
When reloading, the player appears to take out the clip at the bottom of the gun and charge the weapon with it, then put it back in. It is a one shot headshot and a two shot body shot if they survive the burning effect(low chance) or a one shot body shot with the burning effect to finish them off.
It has both input and output delay similar to the Anti-Champion Rifle or the Exterminator. This means that it receives a delay when switched from an output delay weapon and it also gives delay to an input delay weapon.
- The weapon's bullets have travel time, so use it similarly to the Carrot Crossbow.
- However, its travel time is also faster than the Carrot Crossbow's but it is not instant either so keep that in mind when using this weapon.
- Aim for the head to deal more efficiency per shot.
- If possible, use high level modules to increase the chance of OHKO.
- Take advantage of the scope, as it can aid the sniper for long range kills.
- The Cursed effect allows to inflict more damage to finish off the opponents who somehow survive the 1st shot.
- When locked in a sniper duel take your time to aim.
- Stay a far distance away from the user(s), so you can theoretically dodge the bullets.
- Almost any high damage sniper can crush this sniper because of its travel time.
- Use a fast-firing automatic primary to overwhelm your opponent.
- Strafe around a lot, especially in random patterns.
- Initial release.
- This weapon's name and the weapon it self is a reference to the popular anime/manga series Demon Slayer. The gun shares some of the parts resemble the outfit of the main character, Tanjiro Kamado. And with the sword-like shape, it is also a reference to the Nichirin Blades, which are special blades used to slay demons, and is used by Tanjiro along with the Demon Slayer Corps.
- Strangely it is one of the very few sniper rifles held only with one hand.
- It is revealed that you can take the blade out of the weapon