The Demon Catcher is a Sniper weapon released in the 17.6.0 update.
It is a red, teal, and black colored weapon with devastatingly high damage, decent fire rate, good capacity, and low mobility. Moreover, this weapon posses both Input and Output Delay.
The Demon Catcher appears to be a anime/demonic themed sniper rifle. It has a cosmetic blade at the front, adorned with crosses, a red glowing optic sight and a clip with flame particles on it. When seen from a first person perspective, the weapon's scope appears to be a large red eye which blinks as the player uses the weapon.
When shooting, the gun, which is only held by one hand, emitting bullets with fast travel time and a minimum Area Damage when the fire button is pressed. Like the Potato Implant, it has the ability of Super Punch , which means that it can fire a shot with an area attack after hitting 1 shot on a enemy. It also has a Deals More Damage to the Cursed ability, which suggests that it does more damage to enemies with status effects. In addition it's bullets burn enemies . Despite the Super Punch's damage being devastating, its area of effect is still small. The front of the weapon smokes up when the Super Punch is ready. Note that it's Super Punch disappears if the user switches to another weapon.
When reloading, the player takes out the clip at the bottom of the gun and charge the weapon with it, then puts it back in. It is a one shot headshot and a two shot body shot if they survive the burning effect(low chance) or a one shot body shot with the burning effect to finish them off.
It has both Input Delay (Receives Delay) and Output Delay (Gives Delay). This means that the Demon Catcher will have a pull-up time whenever another weapon with Output Delay (Gives Delay) is shot, then quickly switched to it, and the Demon Catcher will also give pull-up time to any weapons with Input Delay (Receives Delay) if it is shot, then quickly switched to the Input Delay (Receives Delay) weapon. The duration of the pull-up time for both the Demon Catcher and the Input Delay (Receives Delay) weapon switched to after it depends on the previously used weapon's fire rate and the Demon Catcher's fire rate, respectively.
- The weapon's bullets have travel time, so it's similar to the Carrot Crossbow.
- Aim for the head to deal more efficiency per shot.
- If possible, use high level modules to increase the chance of OHKO.
- Take advantage of the scope, as it can aid the sniper for long range kills.
- The Cursed effect allows to inflict more damage to finish off the opponents who survive the 1st shot.
- When locked in a sniper duel, take your time to aim.
- Keep in mind it is a 1-2 shot kill, so have a weapon to finish off damaged enemies quickly.
- It has 2 delays, input and output, which means while Three Category Spamming with this weapon, use a non delay backup or melee switch after firing your delay backup weapon.
- This is very useful in Clan Raid due to its high damage and super punch ability.
- Stay a far distance away from the user(s). Since the bullets are projectiles with travel time, it will be much more difficult to hit you.
- Almost any high damage sniper can crush this sniper because of its travel time.
- Use a fast-firing automatic primary to overwhelm your opponent.
- Strafe around a lot, especially in random patterns.
- Try to flank the user with a high damage shotgun to kill them before they kill you the Viking can be very useful for this.
- Consider using the Stealth Bracelet to make it even harder for them to hit you.
- Since this is a Travel Time weapon. The "Stone Skin" gadget seems to be know that this has area damage, Use it if necessary. Stone Skin is located in "Heavy" section with module combination.
- Initial release.
- This weapon was made obtainable through the "Fighter's Choice" special offer in the Shop section
- This weapon returned via Trader's Van for .
- This weapon's name and the weapon it self is a reference to the popular anime/manga series Demon Slayer. The gun shares some of the parts resemble the outfit of the main character, Tanjiro Kamado. And with the sword-like shape, it is also a reference to the Nichirin Blades, which are special blades used to slay demons, which is used by Tanjiro along with the Demon Slayer Corps.
- It is one of the very few sniper rifles held only with one hand.
- It was revealed that you can take the blade out of the weapon.