The Denied! is a Tools gadget introduced in the 17.5.0 update.
It is a playing card that has a black background overlaid with a white oval and bright blue border. There is the "-1" integer on the top left corner and it is also on the bottom right corner, but upside down. The oval contains 4 pistols which resembles a backup weapon with different colors: red, blue, green, and yellow.
Considering its design, it is reminiscent of a UNO card.
This Gadget is good for situations like when the player is in an intense duel or if they want to go to their spawn point without killing themselves, which results in a self-destruction penalty. When used, the player, when/if killed, will go to their respawn point and the opponent who killed them won't gain any points only in this kill.
However, in the kill console log, if the user is using this Gadget to get to spawn point without killing himself/herself, the death icon is shown as the committing suicide icon.
This gadget is also useful if being spawn trapped as it will make it so your opponent will not get any points from killing you.
- Use this gadget when you are low on health. If you are being spawn-killed, this gadget may not be as effective, as the enemy will quickly gain another point once the gadget has been used.
- It is useful in duels because it will negate your enemy's kill.
- Use it in intense situations, like in a close range Melee fight or a close to medium range duel when Heavy weapons are used, and you're about to die.
- Avoid using this in Point Capture and Flag Capture modes since kill count isn't relevant.
- Use the Denied! in Deathmatches to give your opponents a harder time gaining points.
- Do not activate this gadget in duels unless your opponent is spotted, because some players intend to wait until the respawn countdown ends to waste time and hoping for you to use your gadgets so you cannot use them when they respawn due to the cooldown.
- If your teammate uses it and dies try to aim at the person who killed him as the card will be covering his screen for a short while which prevents him to see clearly.
- When activating the Denied!, charge toward your enemies attempting to land as many shots possible while it's Kill Cancelation effects are still active.
- Kill the players in their spawn point. Play Team Fight to be able to spawn kill more easily.
- Wait until the effect wears off so as to not waste ammo.
- Use the Disabler to prevent the opponent from activating this gadget when he/she is near you.
- This gadget isn't good in small maps such as Pool Party as getting kills is more easier, so it shouldn't be a problem to fight Denied users in those maps.
- Equip the Cyber Phoenix or any other pet that has the Gadget Blocker attribute.
- Use the Pew Blaster to turn users into beetles for easy kills.
- Try not to trigger the Last Word module combination as it will not work against its users (except Stone Skin and Energy Shield).
- Ignore the player and run with a 85 mobility weapon until the effect runs off, then shoot them.
- If these don't apply well with you wait till the effect runs out then use the gadget yourself.
- Get the opponent to a low health, then when the gadget wears off, finish them off.
|Initial Tier||55 seconds||4 seconds|
|Tier 1||54 seconds||4 seconds|
|Tier 2||53 seconds||6 seconds|
|Tier 3||52 seconds||6 seconds|
|Tier 4||51 seconds||8 seconds|
|Tier 5||50 seconds||8 seconds|
|Tier 6||49 seconds||9 seconds|
|Tier 7||48 seconds||9 seconds|
|Tier 8||47 seconds||9 seconds|
|Tier 9||46 seconds||10 seconds|
|Tier 10||45 seconds||10 seconds|
|Tier 11||44 seconds||11 seconds|
|Final Tier||43 seconds||12 seconds|
- Initial release.
- Users can not pair this with the Easy-Way-Out tactic to self destruct without the loss of 50 points.
- It has been nerfed.
- This is one of the first (among all the Gadgets that were added in 17.5.0) Gadgets which can be obtained only through the Clans System.
- It is based on the 4+ cards action card from the card game UNO. However, the integer was changed from "-1" instead of "+4" and the colored cards are replaced by colored pistols.
- This gadget is a reference to the UNO Reverse Card, in which the card would reverse the order of turns. It is a meme which is used as a sign of a comeback or a reverse of recent events.
- It works similar to the removed gadget, the Resurrection. Humorously, Denied! is a manual Resurrection.
- When you kill a denied user, the denied card will appear on the screen.
- The kill feed shows that the person using this self-destructed when you kill them.
- It is the second gadget to have the kill cancellation attribute the first being the Resurrection but due to the Resurrection being removed, it is currently the only gadget to have that attribute.
- This gadget is infamous in Duels, due to its effects.
- It cannot be used to EWO as of 21.3.0 update, as doing so will result to self-destruction penalty.
- If the player kills the opponent right as they activate the denied, they can still get the points for the kill, however, the kill won't count.