|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
|“||Classics, classics never gets old. A Desert Eagle isin't the most powerful weapon in the game but it is multipurpose. The "Deagle" was widespread among the policemen of Block-Angles (before the catasrophe, of course).||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
- This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Desert Eagle (PGW).
The Desert Eagle, formerly the Black Python, is a Backup weapon that can be bought in the Armory.
It is a standard black pistol with green markings that shoots regular hitscan bullets. It has average damage, high rate of fire, low capacity, and slightly low mobility.
It is a standard, high-caliber pistol that is black with hints of green. It also features a red integral laser sight. In previous versions of the game, it’s first form was a golden pistol with a darker gold handle.
As of the 12.5.0 update, it looks identical to its final upgrade, like all weapons that are upgradable and had a different appearance for each upgrade.
This pistol, being held in the player's right hand, shoots out regular bullets with instant bullet travel time. This weapon's accuracy decreases when spraying and praying and it can be used best in close to medium range. However, this weapon does possess a 2x zoom optic sight, which allows it to fight in a longer range.
When reloading, the player takes out the magazine and replaces it with another one, then triggers the bolt. It has no delay mechanics.
- Try to use it in smaller maps to compensate for its high recoil and wide spread.
- Use it to finish off weakened targets.
- Upgrade this weapon so this outclassed-looking weapon will be more usable in higher levels.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage done to enemies.
- To benefit more, it's recommended to equip the max Backup DPS booster setup.
- This weapon is a strong backup firearm when your main weapon is out of ammo, as pulling it out is faster than reloading and allows to output more damage.
- Take cover when reloading, as this weapon does not have fast reload.
- This weapon is actually acceptable in higher levels as a budget pick. Just keep in mind its wide bullet spread when spam-fired and use it accordingly. Spam-fire it for close-range combat, and steady your shots at medium-long ranges.
- Attack its users from a long-range or, when they have to reload.
- Use weapons with a superior fire rate and/or damage to counter the user.
- Avoid engaging combat on a user especially when you have low armor or health.
- Using this weapon yourself may fit the bill.
- Initial release
- The weapon's appearance changed to look more like it's realistic counterpart.
- This weapon looks like it's final upgrade.
- This weapon got nerfed to 18 headshots kill and to 7 capacity instead of 9.
- This weapon was buffed to 9 headshots kill and capacity was 9 again.
- The weapon got buffed to 4 headshots kill.
- This weapon got removed from Armory
- This weapon is based on the real world IMI Desert Eagle and its name as well.
- This weapon could be a Duke Nukem reference as a golden Desert Eagle is used in the game.
- In very old versions of the game, the app's thumbnail included the old Newbie holding a silver reskin of the Desert Eagle.
- It was called the Golden Eagle in old versions of the game.
- In the Polygon, it takes four headshots to kill a dummy.
- This weapon is wielded by the Pistol Soldier in Megalopolis.
- In the 13.5.0 Update, this got severely nerfed to an 18 headshots kill and decreased its capacity from 9 to 7.
- By 15.1.0 Update, it got buffed to 9 headshots kill and reverting its capacity back to 9.
- In current update, this and its reskinned counterpart's Efficiency got buffed dramatically to 4 headshots kill. At the same time, Desert Eagle's capacity got buffed into 10 shots.
- This was featured in the Lucky Chest in a previous version.
- As of the Anime Update, this weapon was unexpectedly removed from the Armory and Gallery for unknown reasons and is now currently unobtainable.
- In real-life, a Desert Eagle is highly lethal and is considered one of the most powerful handguns, however the one in PG3D is a far cry as it does less damage than its real-life counterpart.