|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
Were you looking for its steampunk counterpart: the "Sunrise"?
|“||A gun, fresh like a pixelated sunset. Capable of breaking walls and opponents' armor.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Digital Sunrise, commonly abbreviated as the DS, is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 16.7.0 update. It is part of the Digital Hero Event Set that includes: Laser Cycler, Wave Pulser, and Digital Sunrise.
It is a retrowave/synthwave styled weapon that possesses a 4x scope. It shoots a yellowish-orange beam that can Wall Break. It has the ability to inflict the Bleeding attribute upon hitting an enemy. Its fire rate is quite fast for a sniper with high capacity and low mobility. With its Bleeding attribute, it is almost certain to kill an enemy with 1 shot to the body with modules.
It is a retrowave/synthwave styled weapon that features its distinctive neon yellowish-orange and purple colors. Behind the scope is the famous sort of cut out the sun from the bottom half with the top having red and fading to a more yellow down the bottom. The magazine is similar to the Impulse Sniper Rifle/Eva.
The scope lens is colored yellow like the Photon Sniper Rifle which isn't typical for any sort of scope lens. It has purple streaks running along the base of the gun. It looks like the weapon has a suppressor attached, which might explain why its shooting sound is somewhat muffled. The magazine of the weapon has streaks of yellow in the middle and orange to the left and right end of the magazine. The front and back are colored purple.
The player holds the weapon with both of its hands like most Sniper Rifles, and when shot, it emits a yellowish-orange laser beam, the exact same as the Thunderer's with the ability to pierce through walls. It also has the Bleeding attribute which is rather strong and can finish players off after just one shot to the body.
When spawning, two extra magazines are given despite having an already hefty 14 bullets per magazine. When the player reloads, the magazine at the bottom is taken out and the sun on top sets. When a new magazine is put in, the sun rises.
It has both Input Delay (Receives Delay) and Output Delay (Gives Delay). This means that the Digital Sunrise will have a pull-up time whenever another weapon with Output Delay (Gives Delay) is shot, then quickly switched to it, and the Digital Sunrise will also give pull-up time to any weapons with Input Delay (Receives Delay) if it is shot, then quickly switched to the Input Delay (Receives Delay) weapon. The duration of the pull-up time for both the Digital Sunrise and the Input Delay (Receives Delay) weapon switched to after it depends on the previously used weapon's fire rate and the Digital Sunrise's fire rate, respectively.
It has very high damage, a fast fire rate, a good capacity, and slow mobility. This weapon is capable to one-shot people if you count bleeding with level 7-8 modules even with max armor.
- Use the scope as your advantage for long-range combat.
- Switch to any weapon with 85 mobility when running as this weapon's mobility is very low.
- Use the wall-break attribute to get some kills behind walls. But keep in mind that the damage reduces when you hit someone through a wall.
- Deal headshots to maximize damage.
- Since it is a sniper with no travel time, it will perform well on medium and long range maps.
- It is a very useful weapon for Three Category Spam when paired with a non-delay weapon in either the Special Category or Backup.
- Try to aim for the head.
- Strafe around the user so you don't get hit.
- Outrun the user with any weapon with 85 mobility.
- Try to attack the user when they're reloading. But be careful when doing so as the reload speed is quite fast.
- Attack the user with area damage weapons or fast firing Primaries to disorient or outmatch its user.
- Get in close with a shotgun or melee weapon to overwhelm the user.
- When engaged in a sniper battle, use a one shot sniper to win
This weapon is actually popular, despite this weapon not being used very often in matches. The reason why it is considered as popular is because of the fact that in the Pixel Gun 3D Discord and in other Pixel Gun 3D social media, players often talk about this weapon, mainly due to the fact that they claim that it is one of the most powerful sniper weapons in the game.
- Initial release.
- The name considers it a digital version of the "Sunrise", although the design is nowhere near related to the latter.
- The name is a reference to the art style of the sunrise from the 1980s.
- This is probably, if not the most, one of the most accurate snipers in the game.
- This weapon may represent the typical sunrise and their usual neon pink grids and neon backgrounds from synthwave/retrowave backdrops.
- This weapon has almost the same firing sound as the Deadly Tail.
- The Digital Sunrise has the fifth highest capacity in the sniper category, only being beaten by the Semi Auto Sniper Rifle, the Sakura, the Neutralizer, the Sniper Exoskeleton, and the Laser Ray Rifle
- It is very popular among the Three Category Spam community due to its power.