|“||The swings of this axe won't only disconnect the devices. And yeah, you've gotta charge it every 3-4 days.||”|
—Disconnector's description in the Gallery
The Disconnector is a Melee weapon introduced in the 16.0.0 update.
It is a code-themed battle axe that emits a green projectile. It has high-end damage, a good fire rate, a good capacity and a good mobility.
It takes the appearance of a purple two-sided battle axe.
It has a grey handle with a neon blue knob, and yellow linings up to the head of the weapon. At the eye (top of the axe), it has a 2x2 Rubik's cube which powers the weapon. Each blade features neon blue connectors as the body and a neon blue edge.
Despite it being a Melee weapon, it has a completely different purpose compared to any other Melee weapon. When swung, the axe will launch a green projectile similar to the Laser Spear's one, allowing to be used outside close range. This performance is similar to some weapons in the Special section, including the Anime Scythe.
- Since it has an armor bonus, use this to gain free armor.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- It fires projectiles with travel time, meaning it is effective at short-medium range.
- If engaging users at far distances, try compensating the distance over time by leading the target with your crosshairs.
- The fast swing rate can output a considerable amount of projectiles, use this to keep melee charges at bay and to suppress enemies at long distances.
- It has 901 rounds on use, meaning that you can treat this weapon as if it has infinite ammo.
- However, this is no longer the case as of later update, since you will have 30 rounds upon start.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Strafe while jumping to minimize the chances of getting hit.
- Benefit from its low fire rate, since it allows you to dodge its projectiles easily.
- Shotguns and weapons with area damage make quick work of users.
- Avoid charging head on against users, instead flank around users.
- Attack its users from behind while unsuspected.
- Circle around its users so he will have a hard time aiming at you.
- To counter a spammer, keep your distance while firing.
- Rocket jump to avoid getting hit.
- Rocket jump and finish off users with 1-2 shot weapons.
- Have a fast firing weapon such as the Adamant Laser Cannon in case you miss, as this weapon has a rather low fire rate and a slow bullet travel time.
- Have a flamethrower such as the Frozen Dragon to use as a melee, as this weapon takes up your melee slot, making you otherwise vincible to melee attackers.
Knife Party Ban
Despite the category of this weapon, it throws projectiles, defeating the purpose of a Melee weapon in the first place. Because of the weapon's performance, it is banned from Knife Party, primarily for balancing purposes. The player going to Knife Party with a Disconnector will have the Combat Knife equipped instead, but they can feel free to change the Melee weapon in the Armory before starting or during the match.
- Initial release.
- Its capacity became limited, from 901 to 30.
- It is the most unique melee weapon so far since:
- It does not feature any form melee-type attacks, despite being in the Melee section.
- It fires projectiles similar to those in the Special section, such as the Laser Spear.
- It had unlimited ammo, reminiscent to pre-8.0.0 wands and bows.
- However that changed later on
- In the armory stats, it does not use "Attack Speed", instead listing as "Fire Rate" and also featuring a capacity of 1. (30 in game)
- It is not allowed in Knife Party as it is ranged.
- Despite having the Armor Bonus Attribute, it doesn’t really make sense why it has this.
- It is dropped by and used by the Cubota 2 Champion in the Cubota 2 level.
- This is the only melee that shoots projectiles.
|Pixel Gun 3D
Pixel Gun World