|“||New Year is when happiness kicks into your door and points cryo-pistols at you saying "Get some fun! I'm back!"||”|
—Weapons description in Gallery
The Dual Cryo Pistols are Backup weapons introduced in the 13.1.0 update.
It is a pair of red, Christmas themed pistols that shoots icicles with area damage and the ability to slow down the target. It has high efficiency, high fire rate, average capacity, and average mobility.
It has a small magazine with snowflakes on it. They have icicles sticking out at the front and is mostly red, white, and grey. It has a candy cane skin in the middle of the gun.
Being duel-wield, the player holds a pistol on each hand. These pistols shoot icicles with a decent bullet travel time, area damage and the ability to slow down the target.
When reloading, the player takes down the magazines, drags the pistol to the bottom off-screen and automatically puts them back. It has no delay mechanics.
In the earlier updates, when the homing missile attribute existed in this weapon along with other weapons such as the Smart Bullet Bazooka and the Nanobots Rifle, the performance was different. The icicles were formerly homing missiles without area damage.It's homing attribute has been removed in the 15.3.0 update.
- It's a very well rounded weapon.Despite having a travel time, it performs well at most ranges, but does the worst at long range.
- The "Slows the target" debuff prevents the enemy from jumping, potentially useful for area of effect weapon swap, and having the longest slow-down duration.
- This weapon has a hidden effect, which is area damage. It has a very small explosion that can damage a very tight group of enemies. But because of this if the enemy to close to you you can damage yourself.
- Despite having area damage, it is possible to land headshots.
- It's the perfect weapon for Co-Op Survival mode if paired with the Singular Grenade. Since monsters are all pulled into one place, this weapon can take them all out in less than 16 shots (a full magazine).
- Be careful when firing behind a fence or low cover, the shots may accidentally detonate on cover damaging the user instead.
- You can avoid the line of sight and potentially flank the user.
- It has light damage and in most cases, you can out-damage the user.
- Avoiding contact with the ground as much as possible, it makes it difficult for most users to hit you.
- The projectiles can slow you down, thus preventing jumping. Use rocket jumping weapons such as the Rocket Jumper to boost your way out of the range of the user and take them down with an automatic weapon that has a scope.
- Not all projectiles may hit because of travel time. This weapon may proves to be less effective against enemy who moves at very fast speed.
- Using high mobility weapons (at least 85) to outrun the projectiles while fighting back occasionally with a shot from your sniper, then switch back to your high mobility weapon again and keep running.
Equip a weapon that can kill a player with one or two shots and use this to finish your enemy off.
- Initial release.
- The efficiency changed from 37 to 32.
- The Homing Missile attribute was removed.
- The weapon appears glitched when using as the ammo indicator appears as this is a 1-capacity weapon.
- This glitch was fixed as of the 15.8.0 update.
- It is part of the Cyber Santa Set.
- This was the only remaining automatic homing weapon in the game.
- Later on, the homing missile attribute was removed in 15.3.0. To compensate for this removal, it was given the ability to do more damage when landing headshots.
- Despite not stated in the Armory, it does area damage.
- It is one of the few area damage weapons that is capable of landing on headshot.
- One of this weapon's attributes (Homing Missiles) have been removed as all Homing Missiles weapons got removed.