|“||X Squad used this weapon for scouting in the most dangerous areas, the suppressor of this weapon allowed the soldiers not to distract the infected during the operations.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It is a customized gray and green assault rifle featuring a suppressor and a sight. It has good damage, a good fire rate, a rather low capacity for its fire rate, and average mobility.
It is a gray and green rifle with a stock, jungle style magazines, an underbarrel grenade launcher, an EOTech holographic scope, and a suppressor. On the receiver, there is a "X" marking over the magazine. On the right, there are two cables possibly powering up a laser sight. It has a similar pattern to the Liquidator X1.
When the fire button is held, the user will fire the weapon in full-auto. These bullets are hitscan. It also comes with a scope allowing the user to zoom far away. It also has a silent ability making each shot sound less quiet and hard to hear compared to other primaries.
When reloading, the user will take out the magazine, flip it around, and insert the magazine attached on the bottom. It has no delay mechanics.
Use this weapon in medium to long ranges. It has good damage, a good fire rate, a low capacity, and average mobility.
- This primary has very high power and a fast fire rate, so use it in most situations.
- Take note that the accuracy and capacity isn't very high unless you happen to equip Turbo Charger.
- Use a high mobility weapon to move around since this weapon's mobility isn’t the best.
- It has a 4x zoom, so you can zoom in on enemies to attack them in medium to long ranges.
- Aim at the head to maximize damage.
- Use this rifle as to weaken/finish off opponents.
- As seen as it has a flip-clip magazine, it has a rather fast reload time. Although you should only reload when you know you are safe.
- To shorten its reload time further, equip Cowboy Hat, Upgraded Magazine and max Storm Trooper Cape.
- It's attribute can be useful for ambushing lone targets.
- Attack its users from long range using a sniper weapon.
- Use an area damage weapon to disorient its users.
- Strafe around to make it harder for the player to hit you.
- Outrun the enemy using a high mobility weapon.
- Bring any high damage sniper with you such as Laser Bow or Anti-Champion Rifle, and a heavy for close range such as the Christmas Ultimatum or the Big Buddy.
- Try equipping a high-mobility melee for traveling around the map.
- Initial release.
- Its capacity was increased from 22 to 35.
- It returned in the X Squad Supply Lottery.
- All references to the letter 'Z' was changed to the letter 'X'.
- Damage increased by 19% for Battle Royale only.
- It is based on the Heckler and Koch HK416 with an M320 Grenade Launcher Module.
- Like under-barrel attachments on numerous guns, the grenade launcher is purely cosmetic, holding no functionality, mostly for balancing and convenience over complexity in controls.
- The gun's flip clip is identical to the Firefighter's and Liquidator X1's flip clip and reload animations. Because of this, they all share a similar reload to each other.
- It uses a holographic sight that has a 4X magnification factor, while in reality, holographic sights do not zoom in.
- It has a reskinned version, the Advanced Scout Rifle.
- In the 23.3.2 update, all references to the letter 'Z' on the weapon were changed to the letter 'X' to avoid association with use of the letter 'Z' as a military symbol.