|“||One of the prototypes created in the Area 52 Labs. Charges its energy module after activation, releases it after releasing the trigger.||”|
—Energy Drill's description in the Gallery
The Energy Drill is a Heavy weapon released in the 14.0.0 update.
It is a futuristic/laboratory themed weapon that shoots an energy drill particle when shooting. It deals very high damage when charged to the max, low fire/charge rate, high capacity, and decent mobility. This weapon has a fast reload speed and a very large area damage.
The Energy Drill looks like a futuristic driller with an aquamarine energy beam protruding out, with 2 antennas above it. It has an overall futuristic look.
This weapon is a charge shot weapon, so the more the weapon is charged, the more capacity is consumed and the higher the damage. The particle that is a shot is a light blue energy drill particle with area damage and a medium bullet travel time.
When reloading, the clip is taken out from this weapon and is replaced by a spare one. It has no delay mechanics.
- Charge it to the maximum to inflict the most damage.
- It is not necessary to hit directly to the enemy since it has huge area damage.
- Use it when you are in close range maps
- If you fully charged your shot and get killed, you might earn a post-death kill if the projectile hits an opponent.
- When people are charging this weapon, seize the chance to kill them.
- Use a superior fire rate weapon, like the Casanova, as this tends to force the user to lose their control.
- Attack its users from behind.
- Use the Reflector (Gadget) to make its users less enthusiastic in hitting you.
- Be careful when this weapon shoots, the bullet is hard to dodge.
- Like most charge shot weapons, its projectile will be fired if you kill the user whilst charging.
- Equip a fast-firing primary and a powerful sniper for swarms/long range.
- This weapon, along with the Industrial Nailer, Pizza Heater, Jet Tenderizer, Laser Rings, and Particle Accelerator, is part of the Repurposed Mining Equipment set.
- The weapon is powered by the energy cells attached to the bottom.
- The drill sometimes does not activate when in the Armory.