- For the module combination, see Energy Shield (Module Combination).
The Energy Shield is a Tool gadget introduced in the 11.1.0 update.
It features a narrow metal strip on the bottom, with green grips holding up the blue barrier with hexagonal white patterns covering the wall's surface.
When activated, it deploys a light blue energy shield similar to the ones on the edge of certain maps, such as Swamp. This energy shield creates a temporary, artificial barrier that must be broken to attack the player(s) behind it. It has a good duration and a long cooldown.
- Deploy this in the main entrance in order to survive for a few more seconds.
- Deploy this, then use Wall Break weapons and kill enemy players with them, while you are behind the Energy Shield.
- This can be used in Campaign and Co-op Survival as a temporary barrier inside doorways and tight entrances to prevent enemies from swarming position.
- Use this in Flag Capture to shield your flag.
- If the main entrance of a base is locked and there are other ways to get in, ignore the Energy Shield and go offensive mode against players inside the base.
- Use highly efficiency weapons (such as Ghost Lantern) in order to take down Energy Shields in just a couple of shots.
- It is best to destroy players rather than Energy Shields because breaking an Energy Shield will only give you 5 extra points.
- Use weapons that have Wall Break to kill the user behind the shield. Energy Shields can't block Wall Break weapons.
- If deployed in an open area, go around it and attack the enemies
|Initial tier||45 seconds||3 seconds|
|Tier 1||44 seconds||4 seconds|
|Tier 2||43 seconds||5 seconds|
|Tier 3||42 seconds||6 seconds|
|Tier 4||41 seconds||7 seconds|
|Tier 5||40 seconds||9 seconds|
|Tier 6||39 seconds||11 seconds|
|Tier 7||38 seconds||13 seconds|
|Tier 8||37 seconds||15 seconds|
|Tier 9||36 seconds||16 seconds|
|Tier 10||35 seconds||17 seconds|
|Tier 11||35 seconds||19 seconds|
|Final tier||33 seconds||20 seconds|
- The barrier of this gadget looks like the same as the barriers of the Barrier Rifle (and its upgrades) and the barriers located in the edges of certain maps, such as the Swamp.
- This was used with the Time Machine gadget before glitch out from many maps.
- This method can no longer be used again as all support gadgets were transferred to the tools menu.