|“||Don't you worry, it won't explode in your hands. I guess...||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Explosive Rifle is a Special weapon introduced in the 15.5.0 update.
It is a yellow rifle that shoots an explosive fiery bullet. It has good damage, a slow fire rate, a decent capacity, and decent mobility. It is 2-3 shots with burning.
The Explosive Rifle appears to be a composite rifle consisting of different kinds of metals and plastics, with a wooden handle. The metal base is a dark grey and silver, with the plastic has a yellow caution sign. It has a large, blunderbuss-like muzzle and a yellow and orange scope.
This weapon shoots an explosive bullet with a medium bullet travel time. The projectile is explosive and has a fiery splash radius on impact. It can do rocket-jumping, as long as the user jumps, then fires at the ground.
When reloading, the player takes out the clip which is then replaced by another. It has no delay mechanics.
- Bear in mind that it can't inflict headshots, due to it having the Area Damage attribute.
- To benefit its Area Damage trait, it is recommended if fired against groups of enemies.
- Use the scope for ease of long-range sniping. Keep in mind that its projectiles have travel time, so be sure to lead your shots.
- Avoid rocket jumping with this weapon since you will do self-damage if you do so.
- It sets enemies on fire upon hit, granting additional damage over time to the target(s). Use this to weaken enemies and lower their overall health pool.
- Any Primary weapon with a fast fire rate can overwhelm its user(s).
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges while unnoticed.
- Be warned that it can be proven effective in long-range in the hands of experienced users.
- Attack the users from behind.
- Attack the user while he is reloading.
- Watch out engaging its users when you are low on health as its Burning attribute can finish you off.
Equip any long-ranged weapon that shoots projectiles with instant travel time to engage threats from afar.
- Initial release.