The Eye of the Storm is a Special weapon introduced in the 20.0.0 update. It is part of the Cult Shaman Event Set.
It is a long staff powered by ice magic. It deals moderate damage, this is paired with a decent fire rate, an average-sized ammo capacity, and low mobility.
The weapon appears to be a long blue staff lined with gold. At the bottom of the staff, there is an ice gemstone embedded in the staff. At the top, there is a ice blue gemstone in the form of an eye floating in the middle of the staff.
When the fire button is pressed the staff will rain down ice spikes from the sky to where the crosshair is pointed it at. These spikes will slow down the enemy, as well as will disable the enemy's ability to jump for a limited time.
When reloading, the user will recharge the staff by not using it temporarily.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Eye of the Storm will always have a pull-up time lasting around half of a second.
- Due to its mobility, it is not recommended to equip the weapon when traveling around the map, switch to a melee weapon with high mobility instead.
- This weapon is effective for crowd control due to its area damage and its attribute.
- The weapon can be used to prevent players from fleeing, especially when they are retreating with low health.
- Using the weapon against charging melee users is an effective means in avoiding them from getting too close.
- Use this to stop users who frequently jump.
- It is recommended to be used in correlation with a high damaging weapon as it does not deal enough damage to kill enemies quickly.
- Use the Jetpack to fly to the sky and rain down projectiles from the sky.
- Stay away from the falling icicles, they deal self damage to the user.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to avoid getting into the user's line of sight or general aiming direction.
- Use the low mobility as an advantage and outmaneuver the user using high mobility weapons.
Have a powerful Primary or Sniper weapon equipped as your main weapon, then use this to finish enemies off.
- Initial Release
- The weapon looks similar to the Eye of Sauron from the Lord of the Rings franchise.
- Just as mentioned in Tips, the icicles can deal damage to the user also so stay away from the falling icicles.