The Fake Bonus is a Throwing gadget introduced in the 11.1.0 update.
It appears to be a dropped light blue gem with a black outline, but with a green C4 attached to the back. The C4 is green with what appears to be an explosive chip and 2 wires blue and red.
The player throws the Fake Bonus from their right hand. When it lands, it would spin, just like a regular Gem. However, when a player touches it while walking, the Fake Bonus would emit a small and regular explosion on them. This shows that it acts as a fake gem bonus. Where there's a small chance for a gem to drop when a player is killed, this gadget is used to trick players into picking it up when mistaking it for a real one. It deals fairly high damage but is very easy to recognize.
- This gadget can be used to set a wide extent of traps.
- However, when throwing, do not throw in front of any player. This is an obvious sign of the gem being fake.
- Throw at a spot where there are a lot of enemies, without letting them see that you are throwing.
- When you're about to die, throw this at your feet the second before you die so that enemies will think you dropped an actual gem.
- Throw this when enemies are moving around and not looking at you so they won't notice the gem.
- You can use this for a trap in Flag Capture to protect your flag.
- Place it in narrow, closed corridors where it can force enemies to take alternate routes or not taking that route altogether.
- Alternatively, you can use this weapon like a mine or a grenade, throwing it at the feet of players who will unknowingly step on it.
- To avoid getting deceived by this gadget, let the "bonus" spin twice before collecting it.
- If it is a real gem without a C4 on either side, then pick it up.
- The Fake Bonus floats higher in the air than an actual gem, look for this if you don't have time to let it spin. It is also bigger.
- when a player is near one but they aren't moving towards it, they may have just placed one.
- The explosion takes time so rocket jump before being hurt. However, you must quickly do so for more time allowance to dodge the explosion quickly.
|Initial Tier||50 Seconds||18 Seconds|
|Tier 1||49 Seconds||20 Seconds|
|Tier 2||48 Seconds||21 Seconds|
|Tier 3||47 Seconds||23 Seconds|
|Tier 4||46 Seconds||24 Seconds|
|Tier 5||45 Seconds||26 Seconds|
|Tier 6||44 Seconds||27 Seconds|
|Tier 7||43 Seconds||28 Seconds|
|Tier 8||42 Seconds||29 Seconds|
|Tier 9||41 Seconds||31 Seconds|
|Final Tier||40 Seconds||33 Seconds|
- IIt looks like a normal gem, except that an C4 has been planted on the gem.
- Even if you remove the C4, this gem will still look bigger than a normal gem, so use this advice to know if it’s fake.
- This is one of the three Gadgets with the "Contact Detonator" attribute, the other two being the Smile Mine and Firework.
- When it explodes, its sound effect is the same as the gem's sound effect when picked up/obtained, then an explosion sound follows up.
- The Fake Bonus floats higher in the air.
- It was introduced to battle royal.