The Farewell Volley is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 20.0.0 update.
This weapon is a sniper rifle that quickly fires bursts of three rounds. It has a quick fire rate (and a short cooldown between bursts), an above average capacity for it’s category, but low mobility.
It appears to be a red and green sniper rifle with a few gold and white details. It has three barrels at the front (Similar to the Last Squeak’s barrels) and a small decorative bauble hanging from a chain at the bottom of the weapon. On both sides of the sniper, it says "ELF".
This weapon shoots out a burst of three red bullets with travel time and a short cooldown between bursts. Every time this weapon is fired, the bolt is pulled back to chamber three more rounds, while three empty casings are ejected from the right side of the gun.
When reloading, the magazine is removed, a new one is inserted, and the bolt is pulled back to chamber the rounds. It gives delay on some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Thunderer and the Reflector. It also receives a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Use the scope at long ranges. Its high magnification makes it useful for precise aiming at these distances.
- Never spray and pray, due its lack of fire rate and capacity even though it doesn't have damage reduction when it shoots through the wall.
- This weapon has travel time, making long range sniping more difficult if your enemy is moving.
- Try strafing while aiming to prevent enemies from hitting you when engaged in a firefight.
- If an enemy survives the shot, finish them off with a Primary or Backup weapon.
- Its Wall Break ability is useful for attacking enemies behind objects such as walls and behind cover.
- Like a shotgun, every shot must connect with your target to cause maximum damage.
- Use Oracle to make a deadly combination against campers as this weapon's damage doesn't reduce when it shoots through the wall.
- Make sure to Aim a bit to the left as it will be useful for headshots
- If engaged in a sniper duel, take time to aim.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to wait until the user is out of ammo, then attack while they are vulnerable.
- It fires a noticeable laser, keep an eye out for the source of the laser as it may indicate the general area of where the user may be.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun or melee weapon and attack them from behind.
- Avoid being caught in the open when there is a sniper, stick to cover and locate the sniper then attempt to countersnipe them with your own.
- Flamethrowers and shotguns can be useful for quickly killing users at close range.
- Take out the user from medium range with a powerful Primary but beware it has multiple shots instead of semi-auto.
Carry around a high-mobility weapon to easily traverse around the map and finding sniping spots. A primary or backup weapon to finish off weakened opponent.
- Initial Release.
- Its damage was increased by 25%.
- It is one of the few weapons that don't have damage reduction when shooting through the wall.
- Its barrels somewhat resembles those of the Last Squeak.