|“||A harpoon that was kissed by the Hellish fire. Can be used as a deadly hot-cold weapon or for turning off the lights in the room when you already got into your bed.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
It is a Arcade/Video game themed sniper that shoots a grappling hook. Despite its weapon category of being a sniper, it doesn't have a scope, unlike most snipers. It has a slow fire rate, low capacity, and low mobility.
It takes the form similar to a scorpion, it has a flaming skull on it with a clip having flames in the interior, a yellow handle with a dark grey tip and shoots tipped kunai.
The player holds this weapon in one hand since it is a smaller-sized sniper. It shoots a harpoon, which can reach only small distances. Wherever the harpoon lands will allow the player to be automatically transported to that area, even if the harpoon was aimed at a player.
As of the 17.6.0 update, a new limitation mechanic was introduced in the weapon, but particularly in Flag Capture: If the person, who uses this weapon, carries the flag, it will be dropped upon the usage of this weapon.
When reloading, a spare harpoon is placed on the front of the gun. It reloads after every shot of the gun. It has input delay, which means that it grants delay on weapons with output delay.
- Unlike most weapons, it's more suitable as a utility weapon than an offensive weapon.
- It is useful for getting on top of high places such as on top of rooftops or large structures.
- Use this in close range, since the harpoon cannot reach far distances and it lacks a scope.
- Aim for the player and aim best at their head in close range.
- Do not target far spots: you will waste 1 ammunition and will not be able to go to the spot.
- Collect ammunition often.
- The weapon is useful for fleeing purposes such as when carrying the enemy flag. Be aware of automatic/sniper users though.
- The burning attribute can be used to deal additional damage to enemies over time.
- Immediately switch to any other weapon (except the Vertical Grip Device , the Pulling Sucker Gun, and the Portal Cannon) before capturing the flag in Flag Capture.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try running away, in particular, try rocket jumping away from its users.
- Use gadgets like Reflector or Stealth Bracelet.
- Aim for its users from long range.
- If a user lands on you, try to fend them off.
- If you can dodge a shot, the enemy will be pulled to the wall they hit. Use this opportunity to surprise attack him.
Equip a Primary weapon that is suitable for long range.
- Initial release.
- One can no longer escape with the flag with this weapon in Flag Capture anymore. The flag will drop when they attempt to escape with it.
- This weapon is a reference to the character Scorpion from the video game series Mortal Kombat. The weapon pulling a target is a reference to scorpions most well-known move spear with scorpion saying "Get over here".
- This weapon's pulling distance, compared to the Vertical Grip Device and Pulling Sucker Gun, is slightly lower.
- It shares the behavior of the Pulling Sucker Gun without scope and with a burning feature.
- In real life, a kunai works more effectively at pulling target than a sucker, as the kunai impales the enemy, and since a kunai is tipped on one side, it ensures that the enemy is pulled assuming the enemy does not die from the kunai.
- Though this has no scope you can still use it in Sniper Forts.
- This is one of the only Sniper weapons that doesn't have a scope.