|“||A harpoon that was kissed by the Hellish fire. Can be used as a deadly hot-cold weapon or for turning off the lights in the room when you already got into your bed.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
It is a Arcade/Video game themed sniper that shoots a grappling hook. Despite its weapon category of being a sniper, it doesn't have a scope, unlike most snipers. It has a slow fire rate, low capacity, and low mobility.
It takes the form similar to a scorpion, it has a flaming skull on it with a clip having flames in the interior, a yellow handle with a dark grey tip and shoots tipped kunai.
The player holds this weapon in one hand since it is a smaller-sized sniper. It shoots a harpoon, which can reach only small distances. Wherever the harpoon lands will allow the player to be automatically transported to that area, even if the harpoon was aimed at a player.
As of the 17.6.0 update, a new limitation mechanic was introduced in the weapon, but particularly in Flag Capture: If the person, who uses this weapon, carries the flag, it will be dropped upon the usage of this weapon.
When reloading, a spare harpoon is placed on the front of the gun. It reloads after every shot of the gun. It has no delay mechanics.
- Unlike most weapons, it's more suitable as a utility weapon than an offensive weapon.
- It is useful for getting on top of high places such as on top of rooftops or large structures.
- Use this in close range, since the harpoon cannot reach far distances and it lacks a scope.
- Aim for the player and aim best at their head in close range.
- Do not target far spots: you will waste 1 ammunition and will not be able to go to the spot.
- Collect ammunition often.
- The weapon is useful for fleeing purposes such as when carrying the enemy flag. Be aware of automatic/sniper users though.
- The burning attribute can be used to deal additional damage to enemies over time.
- Immediately switch to any other weapon (except the Vertical Grip Device , the Pulling Sucker Gun, and the Portal Cannon) before capturing the flag in Flag Capture.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try running away, in particular, try rocket jumping away from its users.
- Use gadgets like Reflector or Stealth Bracelet.
- Aim for its users from long range.
- If a user lands on you, try to fend them off.
- If you can dodge a shot, the enemy will be pulled to the wall they hit. Use this opportunity to surprise attack him.
Equip a Primary weapon that is suitable for long range.
- Initial release.
- One can no longer escape with the flag with this weapon in Flag Capture anymore. The flag will drop when they attempt to escape with it.
- This weapon is a reference to the character Scorpion from the video game series Mortal Kombat. The weapon pulling a target is a reference to scorpions most well-known move spear with scorpion saying "Get over here".
- This weapon's pulling distance, compared to the Vertical Grip Device and Pulling Sucker Gun, is slightly lower.
- It shares the behavior of the Pulling Sucker Gun without scope and with a burning feature.
- In real life, a kunai works more effectively at pulling target than a sucker, as the kunai impales the enemy, and since a kunai is tipped on one side, it ensures that the enemy is pulled assuming the enemy does not die from the kunai.
- Though this has no scope you can still use it in Sniper Forts.
- This is one of the only Sniper weapons that doesn't have a scope.