|“||The hype around spinners is now left somewhere in 2018, but the weapon still exists. Every spinner flies through the targets inflicting a random negative effect in[sic] them. -DAB-.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Fidget Thrower is a Special weapon added in the 12.2.0 update. It is the first form of the Fidget Thrower.
It is a gun that shoots fidget spinners with a random effect. It deals good damage and has decent mobility of 65 and fire rate 83, but has a mediocre ammo capacity of 10.
The weapon has a red frame, with a yellow handguard and trigger. On the side of the weapon is a red/yellow magazine with a red/yellow/lime green fidget spinner graphic on top. Near the magazine is a battery which powers a mechanical arm that throws a fidget spinner when fired, and retrieves another from the magazine.
This weapon shoots fidget spinners with a slow bullet travel time and medium range. These fidget spinners can pierce through players and can have a random effect on the impact at a player (either burning, bleeding or poisoning, but in any case, the player would temporarily lose extra health).
When reloading, the player takes out the clip of fidget spinners and replaces it with another one. It has no delay mechanics.
- The fidget spinners have a somewhat slow travel time, it is recommended to compensate for this or to engage up close.
- Take into consideration the low ammo capacity and reload when out of battle.
- If the enemy has a status effect, finish them off while the effect is still active.
- If they are not on the ground switch to a different weapon as this does a poor job at airborne targets.
- Using this in long hallways such as silent school and pool party will be effective since it has a piercing shot attribute.
- Evade the spinners by strafing the user.
- Pick off users at long range.
- Be wary when hit by one of the fidget spinners, as one could have a status effect that could decrease combat efficiency, for example one could give the Burning effect.
Bring a high fire rate weapon such as the Infiltrator as a back-up weapon when out of ammo. Also, bring a Sniper to use at a long range such as Elephant Hunter or One Shot, as this weapon isn't the best at long-range combat.
- The weapon's ammo is based on fidget spinners.
- Even though it is not listed in the Armory, this weapon has the Piercing Shot attribute as well.
- Each enemy hit with the same Fidget Spinner have a chance to get a different effect.