|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D mode. If you are looking for the same mode in Pixel Gun World, see Flag Capture (PGW).
|“||Two teams compete in capturing flags. The team with the most flag captures wins. Your flag must be at your base during the capture.||”|
Flag Capture (commonly known as Capture the Flag or CTF) is a multiplayer mode introduced in the 6.0.5 update of Pixel Gun 3D and the replacement for Boss Battle. The update (as well as 6.0.0) came out for iOS on March 27th, 2014.
Like Team Fight, Flag Capture has two teams. Team members must capture their enemy's flag and bring it to their flag's base to score a point for their team.
If the flag carrier (or flag bearer) was killed, the flag will be dropped, unaffected by gravity. Giving chance to the bearer's team to pick it up, or the enemy team to recover it. But if the flag bearer dies from a map hazard, the flag will return on its own.
Also, to score a point, a team member can only capture the enemy flag if their own flag is on its pedestal. And if not, they can't capture until their flag was returned. The team with the most flags captured before the time runs out wins the match.
When someone kills you while carrying their flag, they can return their flag to its pedestal upon touching the dropped flag.
Whoever pins the flag bearer down gains 20 points.
If, however, you happen to kill yourself, likely by a map's hazard (water, lasers, pitfalls, etc.), you will lose all your captured flag points and the flag will go back to the enemy team’s pedestal
Flag Capture Maps
- In the 10.4.1 update and later, running out of time with the same amount of captures as the enemy team would start a "Sudden Death" mode where the next flag to be captured automatically makes that team win.
- However, in recent updates, the match will result in a draw if both teams have the same amount of captured flags.
- This mode and Point Capture has been merged into one menu, called "Capture".
- In the 17.6.0 update if someone is carrying the flag while using Pulling Sucker Gun, Fatality Hook, Vertical Grip Device, or Portal Cannon, the flag will drop automatically.
- It is possible to have 2 flags in your base at one time by having the flag and not capturing it. The picture here displays that situation.
|Pixel Gun 3D
Pixel Gun World