|“||Ole-ole-ole-ole! A rocket-ball
For your enemies!
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Football Cannon is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 15.1.0 update.
It is a green cannon that shoots footballs with ricochet, looping shot, and area damage. This weapon has decent damage, fast firing rate, and decent mobility.
The weapon takes the appearance of a small rocket launcher with a white and black football protruding out of the front.
The launcher tube has a green paint job, akin to a football field. It also has a green pistol grip, trigger, and grey iron sight.
This weapon has both looping shot, ricochet, and area damage, making its usage very similar to the Toy Bomber and Adamant Bomber. At close to medium range, aiming for the floor in front of the player using this weapon and facing towards their target will make the football, which is the projectile, bounce to them and the area damage will affect them, as long as they remain on the ground. More skillful or experienced players can try to judge where the looping shot (arc trajectory) will go and hit enemies directly without bouncing it.
When reloading, the player inserts footballs in the barrel. It has no delay mechanics.
- Aim for the ground and bounce it.
- Use with a longer range weapon like the Anti-Champion Rifle, because the weapon has arcing shots and can’t get long-ranged kills.
- Use double jump boots and jump height boosters to increase range from looping and because area damage is more effective from a higher position shooting the ground.
- Get direct hits with the weapon if you want a non-delayed explosion on the enemy.
- Use this similarly to the Clockwork Cannon, Toy Bomber and similar weapons
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Using double jump and increased jump height equipment can make you much harder because of the weapon's arcing projectiles.
- Using the Time Machine gadget can help you escape an incoming projectile and can also confuse or surprise users.
- The Singular Grenade or Sticky Candy can be used to prevent the user from jumping around and shooting you.
- Initial release.
- This weapon was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- This, along with the Fan’s Revolver and the Penilizer, are unique weapons found in the Royal Chests Event.
- It will be brought back in the Trader's Van in 6/19/20.
- Despite putting in 3 balls in its reload, it actually 4 shots