|This is a removed content. It is no longer available in Pixel Gun 3D.|
Free Upgrades are special items that are only obtainable from the Lucky Chest. They were introduced in the 12.5.0 update, after the modification to the upgrade system. It has re-added as of the 18.0.0 update and was obtained from chests, but it was swiftly removed at the next update, 18.1.0.
They appear as blueprints, but in the center of these blueprints, they indicate the icon of a weapon subcategory. The weapon appearance looks exactly like the weapon print for every category.
Here indicates a table showing the name, image, and use of the free upgrade items.
|Free Primary Upgrade||It is used to upgrade Primary weapons for free.|
|Free Backup Upgrade||It is used to upgrade Backup weapons for free.|
|Free Melee Upgrade||It is used to upgrade Melee weapons for free.|
|Free Special Upgrade||It is used to upgrade Special weapons for free.|
|Free Sniper Upgrade||It is used to upgrade Sniper weapons for free.|
|Free Heavy Upgrade||It is used to upgrade Heavy weapons for free.|
- They would've been even more useful if they applied to the old upgrade system.
- These were made probably due to the removal of tickets. Also maybe due to the new upgrade system.
- It would be useful if you free upgrade your low level weapon to level 65.
- It only upgrades one level at a time, not to your current level
- It is recommended to upgrade your weapons using this every time you level up, since upgrading your weapons once in each level can make it at full efficiency every level for free.
- Any Free Upgrades that were left and not used in the player's inventory was kept in the armory when the player updates to 18.1.0.