|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World see Freeze Ray Rifle (PGW).
|“||Lasers aren't humane. Why would you kill anyone if you can freeze him? The handle has a small line cut into the surface. "Cube-Zero".||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Freeze Ray Rifle is a Special weapon introduced in the 8.0.0 update.
It is a futuristic rifle that emits a light blue ray that slows down players. It has good damage, high fire rate, moderate capacity, and average mobility.
It has a mixture of light blue and white color, with a triple ringed barrel. The ammo pack seems to be at the top of the gun and resembles a water bottle. The removed scope was on the left side of the gun, like the Plasma Releaser.
The Freeze Ray Rifle emits a light blue ray that has instant bullet travel time and which is visible to opponents. This ray can slow down an opponent that is touched by it.
When reloading, the clip from the top of this weapon is taken out and is replaced by another. It has no delay mechanics.
- Like all Laser-type weapons, it can drain ammo rather quickly. Always keep in mind how much ammo you have.
- It is best to use this weapon in close to medium ranged maps like Pool Party and Toy Factory.
- If you're skilled enough, you can take out enemies at long ranges if you're accurate enough.
- Use the slow down effect to your advantage.
- If you slow them down and then switch to a sniper, you can do some pretty serious damage.
- If you are quick enough, you can use this weapon somewhat well while doing three cat spam and playing casual, since you can slow down targets and then quickly switch out to a sniper, backup, or heavy weapon.
- The ray of this weapon is pretty noticeable and easy to spot.
- This weapon has a rather slow reload time, leaving the user(s) vulnerable.
- Pick off its user(s) from farther ranges with a powerful (preferably one-shot) Sniper.
- If in close encounters with a user, switch to a Shotgun or Area Damage weapon and try to eliminate them as quickly as possible. Keep in mind that if you're too close to the explosions of your Area Damage weapon, you can damage yourself.
Any close to medium ranged map.
Equip a long-range weapon, like a Primary weapon with an optic sight like the Secret Forces Rifle or the Assault Machine Gun, or a Sniper weapon with an optic sight like the Brutal Headhunter or the Semi Auto Sniper Rifle.
- Initial release (there was a typo in the weapon's name, it spelled "Freezee Ray Rifle" instead of "Freeze Ray Rifle"). It costed 240 .
- The weapon's name got corrected to "Freeze Ray Rifle".
- The cost of this weapon was changed to 325 .
- The weapon received a new upgrade (Freeze Ray Rifle Up1).
- The weapon received another new upgrade (Freeze Ray Rifle Up2).
- The scope was removed for an unknown reason.
- It was given the Slow Down Target attribute.
- The weapon was removed from the Armory making it impossible to purchase. Players who owned the weapon before this update can still use it.
- The weapon was brought back.
- This weapon, with Plasma Releaser, Dragon Breath, and 42 more others were included in the 8.0.0 version of the game.
- The ammunition pack looks a bit like a 4x optical zoom scope. The actual scope is located on the side of the gun.
- This weapon looks like a modern/future weapon, with that type of mechanisms out.
- The gun sound while shooting is the Respawnables's Chemrail (TES-Chemrail) sound.
- It slightly resembles the ZCS Wipeout from SAS Zombie Assault 3.
- This weapon, along with the Dragon Breath, were the two most powerful weapons at the release.
- When you hold this gun in your hand, the mechanisms on the side go in and out continuously.
- The ray it shoots out is thinner than the ray that the Dragon Breath and Solar Ray Rifle shoot.
- It was finally given the "Slows The Target" attribute in the 11.2.4 update, making it the only Laser weapon to be able to do so.
- The weight is actually 14 and not 100. The Pixel Gun Company was either mistaken with the mobility or they forgot to convert the mobility statistic into the weighted statistic, except by putting "Weight" instead of "Mobility".
- This weapon has been added to the event chest