|“||Who knew that in 400 years after creating the first refrigerator we would use freon as a weapon.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Freon is a Special weapon introduced in the 15.6.0 update.
This is a Special cyber themed blue, dark blue and white- colored type weapon with attribute which is the best to use in close-ranged maps such as Classic Pool. It has high damage, high fire rate, medium capacity and average mobility.
It appears as a futuristic/cyber themed flamethrower-type weapon.
It has a blue body with a striped candy-cane like stock, a blue pistol grip with a white grip, a white trigger, and a white handguard. It also has four white canisters containing a light blue solvent with wires connecting to the muzzle of the weapon.
While firing, white blue gas will come out of the weapon's muzzle, canisters on the weapon will spin with not high speed and the part between canisters and the grip will rise up and go down very quickly. If the weapon's shot hits an enemy, it will give him/her effect and some damage. The weapon is best to use for close-ranged maps like Silent School.
This weapon needs to be reloaded after shooting 40 times from it. While reloading, canisters (basically the weapon's magazine) are taken out, then put back. The reload animation is 4 seconds long. The weapon doesn't have any types of Delay Mechanics, but it's not recommended for the Three Category Spam because of the low damage per one shot and is possible to use only in close range.
- As it is a flamethrower, use it at close range.
- Use this on fast/highly mobile weapons so they can be slowed down, then finish them with another weapon.
- It is useful for taking down enemies who often try to use a Jetpack.
- This can be useful for taking down invisible players.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Do not engage its users in close range as this weapon can deal heavy damage on you.
- Have a Rocket Jump (PG3D) weapon you could use to get away if the user is nearby
- Try to flank them and deal damage from the back, since they will kill you if you go in front of them
Use this as a backup weapon for close-range combat, such as against melee users.
- Initial release.
- It is the second flamethrower-type Special weapon that has the ability to slow down enemies (a.k.a. freeze thrower), with the first being the Frozen Dragon.
- This weapon is a direct reference to Freon, an actual refrigerant used in real life.
- Ironically, it is banned in many countries, because it can destroy the ozone layer.