|“||And I am... Pixel man||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Gauntlet of Power is a Heavy weapon added in the 15.7.0 update. It is part of the Alien Santa Event Set.
It is a mostly red gauntlet that shoots burning teal projectiles with area damage. It has devastating damage, a good fire rate, good capacity, and decent mobility.
It appears somewhat similar to Thanos’ Infinity Gauntlet from Avengers: Infinity War. It is mostly pinkish-red with four gems embedded in it, the teal one being the largest. Similar to the Cyborg Hands and Rocket Hands, it fits into the player’s arm.
This weapon shoots a blue projectile with a fast bullet travel time. This blue projectile has a splash radius in impact and can burn the affected opponent, making them temporarily lose extra health.
When reloading, the player tries to make the same hand gesture Thanos does.
It has a fixed delay input. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Gauntlet of Power always has a delay lasting around half of a second.
- It deals devastating damage, so use this to your advantage.
- Bear in mind that you CANNOT rocket jump with this weapon.
- Its reload time is very slow, use your six shots wisely.
- Keep moving while firing. This is key for reducing vulnerability from snipers.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Attack its users with high-damaging, fast-firing weapons, like the Champion Peacemaker.
- Attack its users while he is reloading or having a cooldown.
- Three category spam works very well against its users; it eliminates them before they can get a shot off.
It was originally located in the Special weapons category. However, it was moved to the Heavy weapons category in a later update.
- The weapon idea itself came from Thanosand The Infinity Gauntlet, as evident from the gemstones on the Glove of Power being the Infinity stones.
- The reload animation was inspired by Thanos making a fist on his gauntlet.
- Thanos's Infinity Gaunlet has 5 Infinity Stones but the Gaunlet of Power only has 4.
- Looking closely at the model in the Gallery, the player model's skin stretches apart just under the elbow.
- It also has a quirk in its Gallery description: "And I am... Pixel man" which mirrors Tony Stark saying: "And I am Iron Man" in Avengers: Endgame.