|“||A sniper Gauss rifle is something we missed in our game. A magnetic field of it is so huge that no armor can withstand it.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Gauss Cannon is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 15.6.0 update.
It is a yellow and gray sniper rifle that shoots light blue bullets. This weapon deals very high damage, has a moderate-low fire rate, low capacity, and low mobility.
The Gauss Cannon has a yellow and gray body and orange-reddish and yellow wires at the end of the weapon, near the muzzle. The muzzle itself is larger but shorter than the barrel and coils of the gun itself. Electricity can been seen, similar to the Electro Blast Rifle. When in use, the coils can be seen shaking violently.
The rifle shoots light blue laser bullets that aren't visible like the Prototype and the Anti-Hero Rifle lasers. These bullets can pierce through players and are shot as single shots. Moreover, this weapon possesses a 10x zoom optic sight which has a red ruby-like colored scope that allows the player to fight and snipe players in a long range.
When reloading, the player takes out the magazine, puts another one and triggers the bolt. It has Output and Input delay.
- Since it is a sniper, it is best used at long range. But you can use it at short-medium range as well, with the right timing.
- Avoid picking fights with highly mobile opponents, as this weapon itself doesn't have high mobility.
- Make sure to land headshots to maximize its Efficiency per shot.
- Take advantage of the sniper's short reload time as it will allow you to get into fights immediately.
- Ambush users with shotguns and assault rifles. Due to its nature as a sniper, it is often ineffective in close quarters, unless the objective is to get yourself killed easily.
Bring a good backup, primary and melee, to make yourself less vulnerable in close-quarters combat.
- Initial release.
- The weapon is based off the M72 Gauss Rifle from Fallout 2.
- However, unlike the M72, the Gauss Cannon performs as a sniper rifle, rather than an assault rifle.
- The weapon also may be based off the Gauss Rifle from S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow Of Chernobyl.
- It is a 2 shot, which is high risk-reward and takes quite some skill to use effectively.
- However, with high enough leveled modules, it is a 1 headshot kill and body.
- In real life, this weapon is being created for militaries.
- This weapon is one of the three energy-based guns originally unlocked at level 45, the other two being the Energy Assault Rifle and the Total Annihilator
- The crosshair for this weapon is the same as a lot of primary and backup weapons.